Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 2:31 am

I'm new! I don't really know what to say about me but you can ask if you like. I'm not sure what is important to know :P I'm not yet sure if it is healthy for me to be social here because of my burnout I am super sensitive about things. So I might just read and post a bit and feel things out before I speak very much more about myself. I wanted to make this post anyway so you don't feel I am some strange ghost lurking in the shadows :skull: :mrgreen:

Nice to meet everyone :flower:

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 5:04 am

Welcome! Yeah, it's a good idea to be cautious, but I hope you feel comfortable here and enjoy WP.

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 7:34 am

temp1234 wrote:
Welcome! Yeah, it's a good idea to be cautious, but I hope you feel comfortable here and enjoy WP.

Thank you :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:36 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 7:56 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Welcome to WP!

Thank you! I also love Gene and Bob's Burgers! :heart: Have you seen the movie yet? I thought it was pretty fun, I especially loved the tree house :) I always geek for tree houses! That's why I love my current home too, my windows are right in the canopy level of the trees in my yard so it feels a little like a treehouse in the summer when I have my blinds open.

Last edited by Trachea on 01 Sep 2022, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:02 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it a comfortable place to visit often.

If at any time it starts bothering you I encourage you to just leave the thread not the planet.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:11 am

Welcome :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:53 pm

Willkomen :mrgreen:

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 7:15 am

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 10:30 am

Wow. You just started posting a few days ago and you are already showing 84 posts. That may be a record. I ran through a couple of your posts and they are ASPIE posts. So you are one of us. (Sometimes there are people who post on this forum that are not real, but YOU ARE.)

You wrote in one of your links:
It's just shamed to be quiet, shy, "a loner", it is exactly the image of the worst people serial killers etc. Completely untrue and cruel stereotype. At best its seen as pathetic to be a hermit. And the socializing methods that autistic people do find comfortable and how much is enough of it is judged by NT standards to be bad for us when it's actually good for us to listen to ourselves and not people who are not like us.

Yes, you are one of us. That is why they call this place WRONG PLANET.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 6:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 4:36 am

jimmy m wrote:
Wow. You just started posting a few days ago and you are already showing 84 posts. That may be a record. I ran through a couple of your posts and they are ASPIE posts. So you are one of us. (Sometimes there are people who post on this forum that are not real, but YOU ARE.)

You wrote in one of your links:
It's just shamed to be quiet, shy, "a loner", it is exactly the image of the worst people serial killers etc. Completely untrue and cruel stereotype. At best its seen as pathetic to be a hermit. And the socializing methods that autistic people do find comfortable and how much is enough of it is judged by NT standards to be bad for us when it's actually good for us to listen to ourselves and not people who are not like us.

Yes, you are one of us. That is why they call this place WRONG PLANET.

Oh yeah I am a stereotypical autistic person in so many ways it's kind of ridiculous how I have evaded childhood diagnosis. (Well I DO know why: because of my assigned gender at birth, because I'm of immigrant background, name and looks, basicly bias. Also maybe because of co-morbid ADHD I can also be hyper sometimes and get over-verbose when it kicks in, it is not the stereotype of autism ((although I have long periods of mutism too)) and my occasional proclivity to loquacity is never helped by my undying love for coffee :skull: )

But especially I write a lot because one of my oldest longest special interests is language, namely books and writing, specifically English language. This can make me seem more social and even smarter than I am sometimes (I'm not all that smart, I have some vocabulary sometimes). I do run out of stamina and words easily too. But I have always read five to twenty books each month and tend to write lots of stuff myself from books, scripts, poetry and journaling, lyrics, lists, notes, whatever. I like to keep my hands always busy anyway. I guess it's also a way to stim (poor carpal tunnel of mine) and because my memory is so unreliable it's a way to document things and also ear mark things for myself.

Other things that I love that hurt my wrists: gaming, painting, drawing, crafts, cleaning, picking mushrooms and berries, cooking and baking, doing crosswords, playing the guitar and yoga.

Nice to meet you Jimmy and thank you everyone else too for all the welcomes!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 7:15 pm

It has taken me a lifetime to understand who I am and why I am different. My mind is very different than others. It is like I was born on the wrong planet. But there is a very logical explanation for what I experienced.

First off, it is very dangerous being born or growing up. Many times we don't make it and our bodies are laid to rest in a tomb. But some of us die and then come back to life. We recover but we are slightly different. Sometimes this occurs before or during our birth. We become almost asexual beings. Sometimes this occurs when we are children. I was attacked by a large bull who weighed around 1000 pounds when I was around 3 years old. I weighed less than 20 pounds. It was like being attacked by a dinosaur. Humans are much more complex then almost any other creature that has ever existed on this planet or any other.

We have 4 brains. Two of our brains are night time brains that exist during REM and NREM sleep. The other two brains occupy our daytime and we flow between them during the day. Jill Bolte Taylor wrote a book called Whole Brain Living. Since you like to read, this is a MUST to read.

Anyways after my injury where I died around the age of 3, I came back. But it wasn't my daytime brains, it was my night time REM/NREM beings that returned. As time went on, my original day time brains somewhat recovered and took the place of my night time brain. It was a brain flip. There is a very vast different between these four characters that make humans.

There is a vast difference between the brains of a child and an adult. There is a vast difference between the three brains of a child (characters 1-3) and the brain of an unborn baby (character 4).

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2022, 11:37 pm

jimmy m wrote:
It has taken me a lifetime to understand who I am and why I am different. My mind is very different than others. It is like I was born on the wrong planet. But there is a very logical explanation for what I experienced.

First off, it is very dangerous being born or growing up. Many times we don't make it and our bodies are laid to rest in a tomb. But some of us die and then come back to life. We recover but we are slightly different. Sometimes this occurs before or during our birth. We become almost asexual beings. Sometimes this occurs when we are children. I was attacked by a large bull who weighed around 1000 pounds when I was around 3 years old. I weighed less than 20 pounds. It was like being attacked by a dinosaur. Humans are much more complex then almost any other creature that has ever existed on this planet or any other.

We have 4 brains. Two of our brains are night time brains that exist during REM and NREM sleep. The other two brains occupy our daytime and we flow between them during the day. Jill Bolte Taylor wrote a book called Whole Brain Living. Since you like to read, this is a MUST to read.

Anyways after my injury where I died around the age of 3, I came back. But it wasn't my daytime brains, it was my night time REM/NREM beings that returned. As time went on, my original day time brains somewhat recovered and took the place of my night time brain. It was a brain flip. There is a very vast different between these four characters that make humans.

There is a vast difference between the brains of a child and an adult. There is a vast difference between the three brains of a child (characters 1-3) and the brain of an unborn baby (character 4).

Thank you for sharing this Jimmy, wow. It is indeed a very interesting concept that does warrant a read and delving deeper into. Quite exciting, actually, and what an amazing life story you have. I will be sure to put in a request for the library for that book.