What is something Hobby or Special Interest related you want

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 7:48 am

to buy next?

I really want to get this National Geographic Empire State Building 3D Puzzle. I bought the Sagrada Familia one as a reference for a painting I was doing and it was sooooo satisfying to crack the pieces out of the boards and very easy and fun to assemble and looks beautiful so I am hooked. It was the first 3D puzzle I had done. I am not even all that into the Empire State Building but my fingers just want to assembly again!

I think the cubic fun-brand ones might be a better quality I'm not sure, if anyone is into 3D puzzles let me know! :flower:
(But at least they often come with such a price tag I think I will keep to the National Geographic ones unless someone vouches they are worth it lol)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:17 am

I want an Om Nom T-shirt with my favourite Sweet Pea on it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:36 pm

A baby grand piano.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 5:40 pm

I don't really want to buy it, but if I had space and means I'd love decent sim racing setup. Since the main car I race is the same sort of Civic I own it'd be easy to build a partial cockpit with correct measurements. A wheel and pedals would add to the immersion and allow for finer control compared to a gamepad. Fewer hand cramps too.

Even with my subpar setup I've got the field of vision set to exactly match where my eyeballs would be in a racing seat (about 5 cm lower and 5 cm further back from where they are in my regular seat). I just had to take some measurements sitting in my car, apply them to a calculator that can be found online and adjust the seat position (in game) to fine tune it. It's surprisingly accurate considering that I'm just sitting on my bed.

I wouldn't mind another Ibanez ORM-1 guitar. I'd customize it differently than the one I currently own (an EMG 89R instead of an 81). They're like if an SG Junior and a Bronco had a gifted lovechild, with an even better bridge and slimmer neck.

I'd like a ZN6, I don't really care if it's badged as a Scion or a Toyota. I'll take the Subaru version too, but I'd rather the Toyota. Even better if it's just a roller because then I can put a Honda K24 in it. A K-swapped 86 is definitely relevant to my special interest.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:32 pm

A Sgt. Schultz costume to wear to the Halloween dance at my clubhouse.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2022, 9:36 pm

I work with polymer clay (love to add texture and add mica powder) and i'd love to make jewelry with Cernet translucent clay!! it's kind of expensive but scupley 3 breaks easily

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 9:44 pm

I want to eventually get a proper camera. I take so many pictures and videos of plants and animals (and water lol) with my phone, but my phone camera sucks.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Sep 2022, 10:36 pm

There's a bit of things related to my interests that I want to buy including various music that I cant :pirat: & a new computer but I cant think of anything specific related to em that majorly stands out. So instead I'll post something for my blade/knife collection that I've been wanting to buy for a while but it would be a long time before I could really afford it :(

Kit Rae dark Mithrodin sword :mrgreen:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294027827201?h ... R-CZl7vhYA

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 2:02 am

A proper weaving loom.
I made one myself which is ok for making smaller pieces from recycled material
But I'd like one i could make a proper rug on.
I find it relaxing.
Preparing and sorting the material, matching colours etc., is sensory heaven.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 8:25 am

I want to be paid to sit at home and write autobiographies, and also illustrate pictures to go with it. After that, if the autobiographies sell, I'd be rich, with the happiness that millions of teenagers are reading what I'd written (as my autobiographies are about my adolescent years, so teenagers would probably like it read them, although adults will too).

I'd like to have a career like that to be able to afford a nice cottage in its own grounds with no annoying, inconsiderate neighbours making a din around you.

I feel at 32 I don't have much time left to pursue a career like that. Books can take years to be publicised and sold.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 9:45 am

A toy German helmet. I'd happily travel back to the 60s to buy one.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 9:49 am

While the locals around my area are wearing their headbands and beads, I'm wearing any hat I can get my hands on that looks like a German helmet.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 6:02 pm

Might buy myself a new winter wetsuit and kiteboarding harness and go get blown before the end of the official season. But time is counting down.. only something like a week left in the season and I didn't prioritize it again this Summer. :/ And I'm stuck in covid jail right now until we all test negative. Soooo, as much as it sucks donkey D, it might just have to wait until Spring to make it worth the $. Maybe. Never know - I might feel up to it and just toss the rest of my gear in my car and rip to Squamish, buy what else I need, throw a sail to the wind and go cruise around Howe Sound with the seals. 8)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Sep 2022, 9:38 pm

There's a Kickstarter campaign for a PC game that I would back if I had the money to spare. I was intrigued as soon as I read "Struggling punk rock band" & what I read after seems interesting :arrow:

Dead Pets Unleashed
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tr ... tter_games

Quote:
Struggling punk rock band, Dead Pets, are still looking for their breakthrough after almost 10 years. Gordy has big plans for the group, but when you turn 30, life starts to get in the way.

Dead Pets Unleashed is a feminist, narrative, slice of life, and management-lite game about punk music, friendship and growing up; get ready to unleash your inner demon.

Playing as Gordy, you’ll go to band practice, do what you can to keep the band together, manage Gordy’s irresponsible finances and wellbeing, as well find time to earn enough money to cover rent, bills, and pretty much everything.

From the creators of Welcome to Elk, dive into the demon world of New Void City, and give your childhood dreams one last chance.

Killer Soundtrack: Dead Pets Unleashed features a punk rock EP performed during the game.
Minigames for Days: At Triple Topping, we love minigames, and Dead Pets Unleashed is no exception. With minigames including working a shift at a diner, playing a gig, and making hot dogs, the gameplay of Dead Pets will never feel stale.
A Demon City filled with Life: New Void City is filled with NPCs to befriend, with their own storylines separate from the main plot, spend Gordy’s free time however you see fit.
Success is in Your Hands: There will be multiple endings to Dead Pets Unleashed - with the success of the band determined by your choices and priorities throughout the game.
Cartoonish Inspirations: For fans of Bojack Horseman and Tuca and Bertie. We were inspired by their colorful, surreal worlds, long term and complicated adult friends, and zany, offbeat humor.
Manage Your Choices: Every choice affects Gordy's wellbeing, the band's power, her social points or costs money (as seen below). Decide how Gordy should live her best life, but manage her stamina carefully.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 8:11 am

I love all the answers here! Hobbies are so cool. I also would like to try polymer clay sometime and weaving sounds cool! And also I would like a nice 35mm film camera (I suck at taking photos even with camera phone and my instax hah but I would like to learn to be better).

But the next hobby I will probably put my few pennies into after the puzzle is buying some new needles for my sewing machine. I have been trying to learn to sew, and now I got the straight stitch pretty much down and starting to get the hang of zig-zags with cotton, I want to start learning to work with stretch and denim too.

Also I would like to try to learn how to crochet granny squares. I do know how to crochet a little bit but the needle I have is too small for most of the projects I would like to try.