Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:59 am

As the cliche phrase goes.....that awkward moment when you're about to talk to someone who you think owns a pub but is actually just a regular customer...... premeditated a very awkward moment.

angeladevidso
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2022, 1:41 pm

Everyone has had an awkward moment in society where they don't quite know how to act or what to say. For me, it was last year at the company holiday party. I was mingling with some colleagues when our boss walked up and started chatting. After a few minutes of small talk, he suddenly turned to me and asked how my dating life was going. I froze, not knowing how to respond. On the one hand, I didn't want to lie, but on the other hand, I didn't want to tell the truth and potentially jeopardize my job. Thankfully, I was saved by a colleague who jumped in and changed the subject. While it wasn't the most graceful exit, it allowed me to escape the situation without any permanent damage. Still, it was an awkward moment that I won't soon forget.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:34 pm

angeladevidso wrote:
Everyone has had an awkward moment in society where they don't quite know how to act or what to say. For me, it was last year at the company holiday party. I was mingling with some colleagues when our boss walked up and started chatting. After a few minutes of small talk, he suddenly turned to me and asked how my dating life was going. I froze, not knowing how to respond. On the one hand, I didn't want to lie, but on the other hand, I didn't want to tell the truth and potentially jeopardize my job. Thankfully, I was saved by a colleague who jumped in and changed the subject. While it wasn't the most graceful exit, it allowed me to escape the situation without any permanent damage. Still, it was an awkward moment that I won't soon forget.
It's not your fault. People shouldn't ask anyone such a personal question. Or is it normal where you live? Where I live, it's considered as bad manners to ask such a personal question.

My awkward moment: or rather I felt awkward for someone else: In an exam situation in a very quiet room where everyone was writing on the exam paper, the stomach of the woman in front of me growled very loudly for a few seconds. No one said anything but I could feel the awkward tension following the noise.