Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 2:18 am

I thought it was just people on the internet complaining just to complain, but now I feel bad for that. As I have started to understand what they mean. I bought a customized controller for like 80 bucks from microsoft and got it and used it and it got a drift issue recently the instruction/warranty booklet it came with said it had a warranty for a year after purchase. But I then logged on to my microsoft account to look at my devices and it said the controller only had a 5 month warranty that was already expired. So the other option was to send in a request for repair so I started that so I could see how much it would cost and if I could afford it right now ,but when I confirmed my address it said there are no service options availible and to contact them directly for more help. Bleh how bought I just never buy an actual xbox controller again. And just stick with the wired knock offs because at least then if it gets f****d up you only spent 40 bucks not twice as much for a controller that goes bad in 6 months with no option to send it in to get fixed.

It just bothers me spent 80 bucks for a custom controller, and it didn't even last a full year without getting a drift issue, and apparently there is no option to send it in for repair so idk, that is frusterating but not much I can do about it aside from never buy one again. I mean the PowerA xbox contollers aren't bad so maybe I will just get one of those to replace it, have not heard of those having so much a problem with getting the drift. Uhh I am just disappointed that microsoft makes it so hard to access repairs for a problem with a controller you speent 80 dollars on.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:40 am

5 months warranty is ridiculous. Is it even legal? I'd check your consumer rights. Here in the UK the statutory minimum is 12 months warranty. Often items have warranty for two years or even more. I've got though several PS4 controllers with the same problem, drift. One controller, Sony branded, even failed straight out of the box brand new with drift so I got a refund. Usually I have to abuse the controllers for 18 months or so before they start drifting... remove my fingers from the controls and the game character keeps walking in wide circles.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I thought it was just people on the internet complaining just to complain, but now I feel bad for that. As I have started to understand what they mean. I bought a customized controller for like 80 bucks from microsoft and got it and used it and it got a drift issue recently the instruction/warranty booklet it came with said it had a warranty for a year after purchase. But I then logged on to my microsoft account to look at my devices and it said the controller only had a 5 month warranty that was already expired. So the other option was to send in a request for repair so I started that so I could see how much it would cost and if I could afford it right now ,but when I confirmed my address it said there are no service options availible and to contact them directly for more help. Bleh how bought I just never buy an actual xbox controller again. And just stick with the wired knock offs because at least then if it gets f****d up you only spent 40 bucks not twice as much for a controller that goes bad in 6 months with no option to send it in to get fixed.

It just bothers me spent 80 bucks for a custom controller, and it didn't even last a full year without getting a drift issue, and apparently there is no option to send it in for repair so idk, that is frusterating but not much I can do about it aside from never buy one again. I mean the PowerA Xbox contollers aren't bad so maybe I will just get one of those to replace it, have not heard of those having so much a problem with getting the drift. Uhh I am just disappointed that microsoft makes it so hard to access repairs for a problem with a controller you spent 80 dollars on.
If you bought with a credit card, most of them add at least an extra year of warranty to any purchase. You can repair it yourself too, but you'll need a soldering iron I think. Sony, Xbox, and Nintendo all cheap out and use garbage joysticks in their controllers. Like the PS5 was known to have drift issues after as little as 400 hours of gameplay, and simply to have the ability to hot-swap out the joysticks is a feature that they make you pay through the nose for, and only on their new pro model.