I don't get lonely, I socializing can be fun

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

DreamyRocky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2022, 8:46 pm

For me, maintaining friendships doesn't seem to come naturally, but I find it's easier to connect with people who have common interests or even if it's just working as a team at work (or wherever else). I tend to prefer spending all my free time online alone playing a computer game or watching youtube. Sometimes I might check out social media or one of the discord servers I'm in.

I can't say I've ever felt lonely. I'm perfectly content alone, I enjoy my own company and know how to keep myself entertained all by myself. But I'll admit, having people in my life is more fun and working with other people with a common goal can feel really fulfilling.

So yeah, this is just one of those "I wonder who else can relate" posts

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm

Yeah, I can relate to that. The same as you, I do admit I have felt lonely before and having company can be fun. However, I have reached a conclusion that I will never truly connect with anyone. I have been a loner for so long that I have got used to it and feel very happy spending time by myself. I even feel I'm wasting my precious time if I do spend time with a friend, although I do enjoy it. Nowadays, I never go out with other people on the weekend because I want to save it for myself. If I ever go out with anyone, it has to be Friday afternoon.