Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:38 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
In many ways, I think leadership skills are more straightforward than are fellowship skills.

Excellent point.

I think it depends on the person, though. I'm not a born or made leader. It doesn't come naturally to me, I think what happened was over the years I got used to a certain level of leadership...and I didn't realize that leadership was what I was doing. Only in retrospect does it make sense. I think leaders who are more conscience of it become aware that they have an insatiable thirst for it. And then I think they simply refuse to take lesser roles.

That might be the season I'm living in now. I've made it so far up I can't imagine NOT doing it. Something as simple as fellowship, as you said, has become a foreign thing. I'm not sure trying to get it back is the way to go, except perhaps leadership is a level of fellowship. Maybe? You can't really be a leader if you don't connect with those you lead. Leadership is really just a role you assume at will. All it takes is wanting it, setting a direction, and convincing others to help you realize a vision. You can't achieve without involving people. You can't involve people without meeting them on their level.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 12:04 pm

AngelRho wrote:
. . . You can't really be a leader if you don't connect with those you lead. Leadership is really just a role you assume at will. All it takes is wanting it, setting a direction, and convincing others to help you realize a vision. . .
And sometimes it can start with something as simple as picking a time for a meeting.

I’ll take being a leader over being lonely and ignored. But it’s not as much fun as having a legitimate friendship group. But then, few things are!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:48 pm

I like learning about Jesus, God and religion but Bible verses go over my head like everything else seems to do.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:06 am

A few verses went over my head, but I just typed them into Google, then you get loads of articles explaining said verse