Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Stitchlovergirl101
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2022, 8:34 am

I've been heartbroken for 29 years I am diagnosed with Aspergers Ive gotten treated bad by every guy I was with at this point I just feel like a failure when it comes to relationships

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 8:57 am

Some people here might want to help you feel better. You should be aware that the subforum for asking for emotional support is The Haven. I don't do much there because I feel I have no idea what to say to people to make them feel better, but you should find such people there.

If you really want advice about dating etc. you should probably provide a few more details, for example living situation, transportation, previous dating experiences, however you define "dating". You seem to be at such a low point in your life, however, that you should probably distrust any man who reaches out to you to be a friend, even if that guy sincerely believes himself to be acting in good faith, you shouldn't trust him right now.

Stitchlovergirl101
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2022, 9:06 am

Ive tried everything

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 10:52 am

Predatory people with personality disorders can spot vulnerable people a mile off.
How to actually be approached by a decent person? Ah dunno Ma'am.
Depends what places you hang out etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Sep 2022, 4:01 pm

MaxE wrote:
You seem to be at such a low point in your life, however, that you should probably distrust any man who reaches out to you to be a friend, even if that guy sincerely believes himself to be acting in good faith, you shouldn't trust him right now.
Good point. If any guys on this forum do reach out to you Stitchlovergirl, I would strongly advise checking their post history a bit to get a better idea of their personality & if they might be a good guy or not before interacting with em a lot. Be very wary if they barely have any posts or tend to act hostile towards other members they disagree with & other such things. If they seem like an OK guy who tries to be supportive but is very lonely & might be a good match, you might could give em a chance but take things slow at 1st.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition