Every candidate for U.S president who lost just accepted

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2022, 9:23 am

Every candidate for U.S. president who ever lost just accepted that they lost the election.

Until Donald Trump came around.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 9:25 am

I think that Donald Trump is the best president that America has ever had.

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2022, 11:53 am

Oh, yes, Donald Trump was great. So great that he called COVID-19 a hoax and caused an attack at the U.S. capital. Really, really, great.

Seriously, why do people still think he is great?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Sep 2022, 11:56 am

Sonic200 wrote:
Oh, yes, Donald Trump was great. So great that he called COVID-19 a hoax and caused an attack at the U.S. capital. Really, really, great.

As an European, I was wondering about it since he became a candidate - what a strange North American cultural trait ever made it possible to make him popular?

I wouldn't mind a conservative but he's an obvious idiot.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Sep 2022, 5:10 pm

I would like to point out that Al Gore did not just accept that he lost the election. He fought to get the votes in Florida counted. However Gore had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college & winning Florida woulda gave him a win with the electoral college. He ultimately quit fighting after a while & maybe conceded to Bush. Whereas Trump keeps insisting that the election was a fraud & he even started sabotaging the post office before the election to restrict voting.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 5:58 pm

magz wrote:
Sonic200 wrote:

As an European, I was wondering about it since he became a candidate - what a strange North American cultural trait ever made it possible to make him popular?

I wouldn't mind a conservative but he's an obvious idiot.

It's a distinctly United States of America trait.. as a North American (Canadian) I can tell you that Most of Canada finds him bizarrely unfit for office. (Except for swaths of Alberta, which is basically Canada's Texas.)

And the trait, IMO, is his cartoonishly over amplified habit of "stepping on the little guy to advance himself," - verbally, figuratively, in business & show business etc. trump has no qualms about sh*****g all over everyone else around him if it's good for him.. and that's the American way! Get yours; screw everybody else! Money? Get it! (F them.) Fame? Get it! (F e'erybody else!) Healthcare? Double get yours & forget the plebs!! !

trump lived the American dream of success at the expense of everyone else so outlandlishly that the working class plebs that have Zero Chance of ever achieving that level of the American dream idolize him. It's a common thing in the USA: Sell the masses a mental lottery ticket making them believe that maybe if they work hard enough that one day maybe they too can have disposable income and healthcare that their neighbour can't have. It's how they get them to vote against their own interests of actually having things like healthcare and better education. Just sell them on the idea that maaaaaaybe one day they can have more than their neighbour and they'll settle for so much less every day of their lives & idolize lunatics that manage to obtain sweet sweet excess at the expense of others.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 8:24 pm

Clinton is definitely a pistol.