Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 7:05 pm

LINK to discussion-thread in another Autism forum reating cognitive biases to the Autism Spectrum.

How would cognitive biases differ, or even share similarities amongst those on the Autism spectrum and NTs?

LINK: https://www.autismforums.com/threads/50 ... ses.38342/

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 7:51 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
LINK to discussion-thread in another Autism forum reating cognitive biases to the Autism Spectrum.

How would cognitive biases differ, or even share similarities amongst those on the Autism spectrum and NTs?

LINK: https://www.autismforums.com/threads/50 ... ses.38342/

I think some on the autism spectrum want to think themselves immune to some of those biases, which is a dead end.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 5:19 pm

After re-reading the LINK in (OP) containing specific examples of cognitive biases, idiosyncrasies, etc. , it might be reasoned that quite a few of these cognitive biases might best be described as "NT versions of the Autism Spectrum!"

Any similar perspectives?

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2022, 1:07 am

Interesting question. Here's one my son does:

All or Nothing
Things must be perfect or else they are awful. Even the smallest imperfections cannot be tolerated. "Not my favorite food"=terrible. 1% risk=way too much risk.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

More often than not, I acknowledge that those important things cannot be understood as an 'either/or' , 'black & white' contexts - that is many subtlties, nuances, ramifcations, etc. make-up even the most basic things in life.

The considerations that cognitive biases might sometimes be similar to "NT versions of the Autism Spectrum" deserves further........considerations!