Only getting some reply notifications in my email

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Sep 2022, 8:22 am

For about the last week I've not been getting all my reply notifications for watched posts in my email which is Yahoo. I get some in my email but it seems very random as to if I'll get them or not. I've went through my spam folder a few times in the last couple days(nothing from WP is in spam) & I've added WP to my contact list but I'm still not having all my reply notifications come in. Having to go to the sections myself & scroll through the lists of topics & remember the last post I've read & if I replied or not(to check if someone may of responded to me) is kind of a pain. WP still says I'm subscribed to the threads even if I haven't received any email notifications & viewing the thread after a missed notification may or may not cause me to get future reply notifications, it's very hit & miss. I'm not sure if WP is having a glitch or if Yahoo is automatically blocking/deleting some WP emails for being spam without even sending them to my spam folder. I'm not noticing any other problems with WP or Yahoo Mail. Is anybody else having this issue :?: I should probably spend less time on here for a bit anyways(other things I should be doing or want to do)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Sep 2022, 8:54 am

Yep, exactly the same here. It's improved over the last couple of days but I'm still not receiving all subscription alerts.

I've been using this ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed to check which of my subscribed threads has been updated which at least provides some sort of workaround, without having to remember thread names and dig them out.

I run my own email system and have an external company forward WP mails to me. I've asked if their system is filtering out WP mail as spam (I have little control over exactly what it is they trap as spam) but not yet received a response.

Checking headers in the update alerts that do arrive show nothing unusual by route or timing - although I have had delays of over five hours before alerts arrive here: in those cases the delays were caused by systems between WP and me.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 10:04 am

Ah. Then it's not my imagination. I've been suspecting the same thing was happening for me for a few days.