Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 9:43 am

Exclusion of students with complex needs on the rise in schools, report finds

Quote:
Alison Maxwell's six-year-old son has autism.

Maxwell, whose family lives on B.C.'s South Coast, said that frequently means he quite often gets left out of school activities, including getting sent to a quiet room if he becomes physical, something that happens when he becomes dysregulated and unable to manage his emotional responses.

He's also been sent home when there isn't an education assistant available to support him, and recently, Maxwell said, he was excluded from a school play.

“It further alienates him. He's a social child. He just doesn't know how to be social," Maxwell said.

Exclusion of students like Maxwell's son is on the rise, according to a new report from the BCEdAccess Society, a registered non-profit that advocates for children with complex needs.

The report looks at incidents of exclusion reported by parents of students with disabilities — anything from having a shortened school day to not having inclusive lessons to not being invited on field trips.

The society gathered data for the report through an online reporting tool, where parents filled out a survey about their experiences.

According to BCEDAccess chairperson Nicole Kaler, more than a quarter of reports that they received were students who were asked not to attend school at all; there were 54 reports of gradual entry or being asked to keep their child home due to a lack of support in September 2021 alone, resulting in a total of 342 days of school missed by 54 students that month.

The society found that during the 2020/2021 school year, there were an estimated 4,376 incidents of exclusion, and in 2021/2022, there were 4,760, an increase of about nine per cent.

Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside said Tuesday that although she has not seen the report, herself, her staff are reviewing it.

"Our expectation is that the districts have those supports in place," she said. "That's why it's important that we understand the circumstances that have been identified in the report."

Kaler said the ministry has been working on guidelines around how to include students with complex needs. But she wishes the province would make it available to families and schools.

Whiteside said it will be made available when it's complete, but staff are still working on it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 10:06 am

They're gearing kids up for early-assistance euthanasia packages. ^

Things are insane here ASP.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 10:13 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
They're gearing kids up for early-assistance euthanasia packages. ^

Things are insane here ASP.

Are you serious? I knew that Trudeau was evil but I didn't know he was just as bad at Hitler. However, there are a group of people in the world who want the new world order which is also what Hitler wanted too which makes sense.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 10:15 am

There's a thread about it somewhere. Mods move this is you'd like. I can't find the thread.

Canada is sending euthanasia incentives to war vets and regular citizens with PTSD or other mental health disorders.

The more people who consent to be unalived, the more the Feds can save on health care, pensions, and disability programs.

Disabled people don't pay taxes, so it's not cost-efficient to keep us alive.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 1:54 pm

This is bad enough but it is not eugenics that attempts to prevent "defective" people from being born while attempting to have more "superior" people born.

Off Topic
There is a revival of eugenics but the Hitler comparison is very misleading. What is going on is "consumer eugenics" which is what it sounds like. There are no laws saying "defective" fetuses must be aborted. Parents find out the fetus has the genes for down syndrome and chose to abort. A lot of fear that gene editing technology will greatly expand what eugenics can be done

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 2:08 pm

Trudeau is a very bad leader that way. He has a plan to expand euthanasia to kill off children with disabilities. He's a real bloodsucker.