My mother having a low opinion of men!

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,810

07 Sep 2022, 3:22 am

You know my nice guy, I think.
I've gushed about him before.



I'm sweet on Doug Bishop now, too:



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,536
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2022, 3:23 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
You know my nice guy, I think.
I've gushed about him before.



I'm sweet on Doug Bishop now, too:



What do you think of the guy in the youtube video I posted?



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,810

07 Sep 2022, 3:28 am

Jamesy wrote:
Here's a guy from the undatables https://youtu.be/e8FqG5DBM_o


Isablle- Would you say he's exceptionally good looking for a man?



He has a cute smile and I like his humble vibe.

I'm not into bodybuilders at all, though.
His muscles are a turn-off.

He's also too young for me, but that's irrelevant of course.



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,536
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2022, 3:31 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Here's a guy from the undatables https://youtu.be/e8FqG5DBM_o


Isablle- Would you say he's exceptionally good looking for a man?



He has a cute smile and I like his humble vibe.

I'm not into bodybuilders at all, though.
His muscles are a turn-off.

He's also too young for me, but that's irrelevant of course.




I am into bodybuilding myself. I am 5ft8 and weigh 160 which is hardly big though.

I think doing weight lifting is good for your self esteem.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,810

07 Sep 2022, 3:44 am

I like big men with a soft belly.
They're much cuddlier than rock hard muscle.
Lifting weight is good for self-esteem.
I'd rather it be authentic work (e.g., building a house), than doing reps.
There should always be a practical purpose for the exercise we do.

Have you ever built a house or worked in construction?



Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 07 Sep 2022, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,536
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2022, 3:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I like big men with a soft belly.
They're much cuddlier than rock hard muscle.
Lighting weight is good for self-esteem.
I'd rather it be authentic work (e.g., building a house), than doing reps.
There should always be a practical purpose for the exercise we do.

Have you ever built a house or worked in construction?


No can't say I ever have. My uncle who passed away 2 years ago did.


Just need to ask would you say David Beckhams attractive?



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,779
Location: wales

07 Sep 2022, 4:09 am

Jamesy wrote:
I have been on holiday recently down the south coast of England with my parents.

My mother always makes comments on how fabulous the ladies look down where we are but never comments on the men. I asked my mother today why she never comments on guys looks and she said to me “I not going to make a comment on how some bloke looks”. Bloke is a British phrase for ‘man’.

I don’t understand I mean do a lot of women not find men attractive or something? And yes I realise my mom who is allegedly a straight woman does not account for every woman in the world lol.


Well, to be fair your mother seems to hate everything judging from your past posts.

At least she likes women I guess. Whether sexual or not I have no idea. Probably only liked them cos they looked like religious bigots or something, who knows.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,779
Location: wales

07 Sep 2022, 4:12 am

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.



One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?


Perhaps she was beaten up by her own flesh and blood for a reason?



Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,536
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2022, 4:21 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.



One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?


Perhaps she was beaten up by her own flesh and blood for a reason?




Well she's very argumentative



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,781
Location: Queens, NYC

07 Sep 2022, 5:06 am

Doesn’t mean she deserves physical abuse…..



r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,951
Location: Virginia

07 Sep 2022, 5:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
My mother is rather similar, actually. She's a bit weary of men, and hasn't dated one in years. She likes movie stars, though.

So that's where you got your movie star looks from. :wink:


_________________
I've reached the end.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,781
Location: Queens, NYC

07 Sep 2022, 5:09 am

I wish…..



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

07 Sep 2022, 5:23 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.



One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?


Perhaps she was beaten up by her own flesh and blood for a reason?

There’s no excuse for such an act of physical violence.


_________________
Away.


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

07 Sep 2022, 5:26 am

Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
That said my mother does find guys like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, singer Sting, George Clooney and Robin Thick very attractive. But not many men look like those guys in everyday life.


Brad Pitt ---- Ewwwwwww .... He's a pretty boy.

Leonardo DiCaprio --- I had to Google ... The Titanic boy? .... Ewwwww .... Not my type (and too young.)

Sting --- That's a joke, right? Narcissists don't do it for me.

George Clooney -- Yes, I'll admit I think he's handsome but I'm not in the fan club group or anything.
I liked his character on the show ER where he was a paediatrician. He really cared about children and he bucked the system to do what was right. Bonus points in my book. But, that was a character. In real life he seems to be a decent person but I don't know anything about him, except that he's rich and a bit philanthropic.

Robin Thick -- Never heard of him. Don't want to google because I don't like the name.



I am often compared to keanu reeves.

What do you think of his looks?

You worry about physical appearance WAY too much.

Other aspects of a person are just as important. A person could look like a movie star, but if he’s lacking in some areas, it would likely impact his desirability.


_________________
Away.


Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,536
Location: Near London United Kingdom

07 Sep 2022, 5:43 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
That said my mother does find guys like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, singer Sting, George Clooney and Robin Thick very attractive. But not many men look like those guys in everyday life.


Brad Pitt ---- Ewwwwwww .... He's a pretty boy.

Leonardo DiCaprio --- I had to Google ... The Titanic boy? .... Ewwwww .... Not my type (and too young.)

Sting --- That's a joke, right? Narcissists don't do it for me.

George Clooney -- Yes, I'll admit I think he's handsome but I'm not in the fan club group or anything.
I liked his character on the show ER where he was a paediatrician. He really cared about children and he bucked the system to do what was right. Bonus points in my book. But, that was a character. In real life he seems to be a decent person but I don't know anything about him, except that he's rich and a bit philanthropic.

Robin Thick -- Never heard of him. Don't want to google because I don't like the name.



I am often compared to keanu reeves.

What do you think of his looks?

You worry about physical appearance WAY too much.

Other aspects of a person are just as important. A person could look like a movie star, but if he’s lacking in some areas, it would likely impact his desirability.


Your right. I am on holiday at the moment so I am really chilled 8)



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1932
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,779
Location: wales

07 Sep 2022, 6:19 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.



One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?


Perhaps she was beaten up by her own flesh and blood for a reason?

There’s no excuse for such an act of physical violence.


Judging by Jamesy living in the thick of Bible belt land, I wouldn't say anyone is in the right or wrong until religion and abusive parenting can be ruled out. Even Jamesy said she's argumentative and unloads her frustrations on him so who knows what she might have been doing to kids for years.

For two brothers to attack something might be going on behind the scenes.