Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 6:51 am

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.

One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?

Perhaps she was beaten up by her own flesh and blood for a reason?

There’s no excuse for such an act of physical violence.

Judging by Jamesy living in the thick of Bible belt land, I wouldn't say anyone is in the right or wrong until religion and abusive parenting can be ruled out. Even Jamesy said she's argumentative and unloads her frustrations on him so who knows what she might have been doing to kids for years.

For two brothers to attack something might be going on behind the scenes.

A relative of mine was beaten up regularly by her psychopathic sons. She's a sweet, naive lady.

What the f**k do you think was going on behind the scenes there?

:roll:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
That said my mother does find guys like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, singer Sting, George Clooney and Robin Thick very attractive. But not many men look like those guys in everyday life.

Brad Pitt ---- Ewwwwwww .... He's a pretty boy.

Leonardo DiCaprio --- I had to Google ... The Titanic boy? .... Ewwwww .... Not my type (and too young.)

Sting --- That's a joke, right? Narcissists don't do it for me.

George Clooney -- Yes, I'll admit I think he's handsome but I'm not in the fan club group or anything.
I liked his character on the show ER where he was a paediatrician. He really cared about children and he bucked the system to do what was right. Bonus points in my book. But, that was a character. In real life he seems to be a decent person but I don't know anything about him, except that he's rich and a bit philanthropic.

Robin Thick -- Never heard of him. Don't want to google because I don't like the name.

I am often compared to keanu reeves.

What do you think of his looks?

You worry about physical appearance WAY too much.

Other aspects of a person are just as important. A person could look like a movie star, but if he’s lacking in some areas, it would likely impact his desirability.

Your right. I am on holiday at the moment so I am really chilled 8)

Where in England are you? If it's some seaside town then yeah the women might be similar to her in the sense of age.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:07 am

Where_am_I wrote:
A relative of mine was beaten up regularly by her psychopathic sons. She's a sweet, naive lady.

What the f**k do you think was going on behind the scenes there?

:roll:

What do you think is not going on behind the scenes? She could be a religious nut. Jamesy seems to live in a town full of them.

I don't really know what is going in but neither can you be so convinced their home life was/is good.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:30 am

I am in ramsgate england

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:38 am

I doubt there's anywhere in the UK which resembles the US Bible Belt. But even in the Bible Belt, it's not all idiocy. Decent people live there, too.

I don't find there's any justification, whatsoever, for what those criminal sons are doing to their mother. Why offer any sort of argument for those psychopathic sons?

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 7:44 am

^ Precisely.

It's concerning that Nades seems to think violence can be justified.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 8:27 am

Again I don’t know who that is.

Will Google after feeding my farm.

OK I had a look.

His face isn't bad, I guess.
His body looks reptilian somehow, and seems to be made of hard plastic.
I wouldn't want to touch him in a million years.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 07 Sep 2022, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 8:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I doubt there's anywhere in the UK which resembles the US Bible Belt. But even in the Bible Belt, it's not all idiocy. Decent people live there, too.

I don't find there's any justification, whatsoever, for what those criminal sons are doing to their mother. Why offer any sort of argument for those psychopathic sons?

Well OK, you're right, but let me rephrase. When it comes to the company in Jamesy immediate locality (or at least the ones he hangs out with) I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.

The south east is known for being a bit....meh at times.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 9:55 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Again I don’t know who that is.

Will Google after feeding my farm.

OK I had a look.

His face isn't bad, I guess.
His body looks reptilian somehow, and seems to be made of hard plastic.
I wouldn't want to touch him in a million years.

Singer Prince who was only 5ft2 was considered a ladies man.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 10:06 am

I wouldn't be attracted to a ladies' man.
I picture they sleep around and have big egos.

I'd rather be attracted to a "My Man".

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:25 pm

amykitten wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
She sounds like a normal, straight women, actually.

Now....if she started talking about how she has a crush on a woman-----then, I would wonder.

Well wouldn’t a straight woman find most men attractive?

Nope.

Do men find most women attractive? No.

You’re wrong.

Yes; check the Tinder stats.

Men and women are different.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:29 pm

Your mother seems to be a normal woman to me. She seems typical to me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Has she been treated badly by men?

My dad has never been physically violent with my mother but he does insult her quite often.

That explains everything, than.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:41 pm

Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
There are far more attractive women in the world than men, imo.

Women can be so diverse: long hair, short hair, bald, extensions, weaves, makeup, glamour, simplicity, colourful clothes, form-fitting clothes (more revealing), many styles of dress and personality, being anything from masculine to neutral to hyper-feminine. They can dye their hair almost any colour, wear interesting jewellery, hats, scarves, boots, jeans, bikinis, biker garb ... The list goes on.

Most men look basically the same. You get the same basic four hair styles, a body type, and that's about it. There's rarely interesting makeup, hats, scarves, hair colours, lip stick, or flowy dresses to catch your eye. They tend to have the same basic physique (at least, from far away).

Women are always more "attractive" because they have more options for "attracting" attention.

I'm not saying I prefer women, but I'm not stupid. There are beautiful women everywhere. It's rare to see a man who really stands out as different from the rest because they don't have the same toolkit of choices to look unique.

Also, perhaps your mother doesn't think it's appropriate to point out good looking men in front of your father.

If woman can like masculine things why can’t men openly like feminine things? It’s stupid double standards.

For once, I agree with you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's pretty stupid for a man to "rate" women in front of other women.

In the 1700s and 1800s, women were made to wear really confining clothes that weren't comfortable. It made them faint sometimes. I really wish women didn't have to wear corsets and all that in those days; it wasn't fair at all.

I'm glad I wasn't around back than.

But of course I would have gotten myself into the military, somehow so I wouldn't have had to have worn such garbage.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 12:54 am

Joe90 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I have been on holiday recently down the south coast of England with my parents.

My mother always makes comments on how fabulous the ladies look down where we are but never comments on the men. I asked my mother today why she never comments on guys looks and she said to me “I not going to make a comment on how some bloke looks”. Bloke is a British phrase for ‘man’.

I don’t understand I mean do a lot of women not find men attractive or something? And yes I realise my mom who is allegedly a straight woman does not account for every woman in the world lol.

It's quite common for us (heterosexual) women to look at other women, scrutinize even. But not for the same reasons heterosexual guys do.

I feel like it took too many pages for this answer to pop up. Are people really that unaware of this phenomenon?

Has anyone heard "Women don't dress up for men, they dress up for other women"? This is accurate a lot of the time. Women often judge, assess, envy, and compare other women by their appearance; be it her face, her makeup(or lack of), her figure, how she carries herself, and or her wardrobe. Older women, sometimes will do this by looking at and commenting on younger women as a sort of nostalgia to her youth.

These things have to do with attractiveness but typically has squat to do with us being attracted to them. It's a pretty common female social norm.

We may do this with men in a bit of different context, and to a lesser degree because it does not hold the some sort of connotations as it does with women. Additionally if you're married or dating someone it's not exactly appropriate to go on(particularity to your child) about how attractive some dude on the street was. And it's straight up rude to do so in front of your partner.