Teacher jailed for violating court order over a pronoun row

Page 13 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:07 pm

League_Girl wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
It's very unsettling that a person can get sent to jail for saying the wrong things these days.

Wait, I thought you supported trans people, I guess I was mistaken.

A person can be trans or support trans, without wanting people with different opinions sent to jail.

Its not being supportive if you are okay with people refusing to use pronouns. This is about civil rights. I find it strange how even a trans person can be okay with it. I guess she wouldn't mind if I call him a her since she was born female. There, how's that? My opinion.

I feel know him well enough to be sure he wouldn't think you should lose your job or go to jail over it. He'd probably just call you a sweet pea.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:07 pm

Once again, the teacher did not go to jail for refusing to use the right pronoun, he was jailed for violating a court order.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:09 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
It's very unsettling that a person can get sent to jail for saying the wrong things these days.

A person can be trans or support trans, without wanting people with different opinions sent to jail.

Its not being supportive if you are okay with people refusing to use pronouns. This is about civil rights. I find it strange how even a trans person can be okay with it. I guess she wouldn't mind if I call him a her since she was born female. There, how's that? My opinion.

I feel know him well enough to be sure he wouldn't think you should lose your job or go to jail over it. He'd probably just call you a sweet pea.

Wow, you manged to gender him correctly, so this shouldn't be an issue for the teacher to use the right pronoun so you are capable of understanding this stuff and you just want to be obtuse. This thread was pointless to make.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:09 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Once again, the teacher did not go to jail for refusing to use the right pronoun, he was jailed for violating a court order.

Why was the court order issued?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:10 pm

League_Girl wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Who said they're okay with people not using preferred pronouns? :?

One can support the respectful use of preferred pronouns and still not think people should go to jail for being rude.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:11 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Wow, you manged to gender him correctly, so this shouldn't be an issue for the teacher to use the right pronoun so you are capable of understanding this stuff and you just want to be obtuse. This thread was pointless to make.

I don't believe that I should have to or else have a court order brought against me. That is the issue.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 08 Sep 2022, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:12 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

For violating his employers instructions to stay off the premises. The guy refused to follow his employers' instructions, so a court ordered them to be abided by.

Did you not read the article?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:13 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I don't believed that I should have to or else have a court order brought against me. That is the issue.

Apparently you're having reading comprehension and memory problems.

The court order was for violating his employers instructions to stay away from the workplace premises, not for refusing to respectfully use preferred pronouns.

If the guy doesn't want a boss he should start his own business.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

It's your opinion that "civil rights" and freedoms should be protected by sending people to jail for having different ... opinions?

:scratch:

Incidentally, yes I support trans rights and the use of personal pronouns.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

One can support the respectful use of preferred pronouns and still not think people should go to jail for being rude.

You're contradicting yourself, he did not go to jail for misgendering his student because of his stubbornness about pronouns.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:16 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's your opinion that "civil rights" and freedoms should be protected by sending people to jail for having different ... opinions?

:scratch:

Incidentally, yes I support trans rights and the use of personal pronouns.

Did you not read the article? He didn't go to jail for misgendering.

Since you support proper pronouns, you should be defending this teacher and calling it a different opinion for misgendering.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:18 pm

:wall:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

For violating his employers instructions to stay off the premises. The guy refused to follow his employers' instructions, so a court ordered them to be abided by.

Did you not read the article?

What instructions did he refuse to follow?

It's amazing how some folks are trying so hard not to say that he got into trouble in the first place "by his refusal to use a student's new name and gender-neutral pronouns". Lets just pretend that part's not in the article and that's not the crux of the situation.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 08 Sep 2022, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:19 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
:wall:

I feel the same about this thread now.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

You're contradicting yourself, he did not go to jail for misgendering his student because of his stubbornness about pronouns.

I'm not contradicting anything. I commented on CockneyRebel's erroneous statement about it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 2:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Did you not read the article? He didn't go to jail for misgendering.

Yes I read the article.

You don't need to tell me what I "should" do. :D

I have my own brain, thanks.

Did you read my post?

It was a response to you telling CR what he should think, and you suggesting that CR doesn't support trans rights.

League_Girl wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote: