Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Sep 2022, 10:07 pm

I have no idea what I am. At interviews, I seem “far more than good enough to hire” because of my high focus and intelligence. but on the job… people see me as childish, odd, big weirdo, airheaded, quite eccentric, displaced, someone to be managed and directed, and people are more paranoid about me making a mistake or failing. They at first took me seriously: they gave me very warm and happy expressions on their faces. They gave me
Total trust. Now their faces are very stern and serious and suspicious. I keep thinking I am going to get fired but I lasted a long time. Almost a year. I know I am not as good as the other co workers but glad to keep surviving. I tend to not keep jobs real long, 6 months minimum, because of all the social pressure.

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Sep 2022, 10:09 pm

I have a lot of talent compared to most of my co-workers but social skills matter…

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 10:18 pm

A lot of my coworkers think I'm weird and/or developmentally/intellectually disabled. Some of them are nicer to me (in a somewhat patronizing way) due to it, but most of them seem to avoid interacting with me. The coworkers in my department have been nicer to me lately though, because I've been doing better at work, and there's two people outside of my department that I talk to regularly. This is my first job so far and I've been working there for 5 months. 2 out of 3 managers also like me, so that's probably one of the main reasons why I still have a job there.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2022, 11:12 pm

People are just used to me at work as I am. Some like my kind and trusting nature, others find me quiet and boring. Some think I have learning difficulties. Some flirt with me, which I allow. Some are there for me to talk to. And some know I have ADHD.

I'm not really a freak at work. To those who don't know I have ADHD, I probably come off as a nervous NT.

SkinnyElephant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2022, 2:28 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
A lot of my coworkers think I'm weird and/or developmentally/intellectually disabled. Some of them are nicer to me (in a somewhat patronizing way) due to it, but most of them seem to avoid interacting with me. The coworkers in my department have been nicer to me lately though, because I've been doing better at work, and there's two people outside of my department that I talk to regularly. This is my first job so far and I've been working there for 5 months. 2 out of 3 managers also like me, so that's probably one of the main reasons why I still have a job there.

At a past job, certain employees thought I was developmentally disabled (to the point of patronizing me, just like you're dealing with). At this past job I speak of, one employee even thought I was purposely acting "dumb" as a joke (Then he would essentially tell me "It's not funny anymore. It's getting old. You can stop")

At my current job, however, I don't think any employees have even the slightest inkling I'm on the spectrum.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 5:56 pm

I'm NT at work primarily because I stock shelves and not much else.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm

Nt who is Somehow weird and makes a lot of bad jokes.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 4:37 pm

freak definitely

some bully me others fancy me..no in between with men :roll:

yes i work with mostly men but the few women that are there are understanding towards me

iv had countless meltdowns at work but lucky my boss is very understanding and knows how to calm me down