Help! Something very weird happened to me

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Lilith_12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2022, 5:03 pm

Hello! I'm a 17 years old girl and, as far as i know, I'm neurotypical. Since some things that disturb me (inability to form solid social relationships, issues with focusing while doing maths...) could be explained by ADHD or ASD and even one of my teachers thought i could be on the spectrum, i've been doing research for a couple months. So, one night, I've stayed awake to do my research and came to the conclusion that even if it was improbable that I would ever get it (i do not have SPD, for example, nor follow or need routines ecc...) i would try to seek out a diagnosis. The next day I was feeling weird, but in a good way, like some hidden part of me had been activated. During lunch my mother started reproaching me because of my poor handling of a relationship and the food suddenly tasted weird, like it was acid in my mouth. The part i had "activated" felt way more like a part as another took over and allowed me to complete the lunch. Afterwards I had an idea I could have some kind of OSDD, that had developed a part to keep my autism under control. Weird thing is, after i came to this "realization" things started to get too bright and too loud and i experienced a sensory overload (which i had never had before). Even weirder, it felt like there were two parts of me, one going on a kinda shutdown, that couldn't even breath properly nor (at the beginning at least) speak and ended up crying and rocking herself, the other which was conscious and explained to my family what to do (i took a cold bath since the hot has always annoyed me and it got better). The part on shutdown emerged every time i heard a loud noise. And even if I managed to calm myself down with the bath (and when the cold hit i experienced it with a strenght i never had before and it felt amazing) and listening to a song in loop (thing i always hated but didn't disturb me this time) I had to wear sunglasses even to turn on my bathroom lights. Next day i woke up feeling the two parts to be less distinct and by the end of it i returned to normal. I was sent to a psychologist for this, but she just said some typical psychologist stuff like it is normal to question things at your age. She also ruled out autism with absolute certainty (may be because my mother told her I was worried (which I told her I wasn't but she didn't listen) so she felt the need to tranquilize me and assure me i didn't have (her words) "that bad thing". My explanation for this, now, is that it was caused by lack of sleep and suggestion by spending all night researching for it. But yet, it felt so real. What do you think?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 5:09 pm

I stayed up two nights in a row and had strange intrusive thoughts so just give it a few days and see how you feel then
If I'm out too late I can even start hallucinating that the bushes in people's front gardens are people if im looking at them in my peripheral vision.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:54 pm

I get intrusive thoughts when I don't sleep for a few nights.

Lilith_12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

Thank you! That's probably it!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:06 am

The emergency backup personality was activated.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 7:54 am

I think it would be a very good idea to use paragraphs, so that your readers can see which line to read next.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 1:54 pm

Lack of sleep definitely messes with the brain, because the brain isn't getting a chance to rest and properly store and sort information.

Hallucinations after 3 or so days of no sleep is very common. Paranoia, intrusive thoughts, and depression also get more prevalent with lack of sleep.

Between the ages of about 12 and 24 the brain is also developing a lot (like a growth spurt). So it certainly is working overtime at the moment anyway. Not a lot you can do about this except just be kind to yourself.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 7:15 am

If it goes away then don't worry about it. When I was 14 I felt like I was dead and was viewing the "livings" from a ghost's perspective. 8O It went away after a couple weeks. I think it was just wacky teenage hormones.