Damn, I'm tired of being single

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 7:49 pm

Every time I meet a woman that interests me, she's not single. My whole adult life, that has been the problem. Grrr, it just happened again and I just needed to vent.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 9:22 pm

Hugs/empathy

:heart:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 3:27 am

With me, the issue is that nobody in my area has the same interests.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 1:06 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Where do you search for animation fans?

Some of the techies here get together after work and watch anime together.

Or maybe look for a DnD group. My DnD group is really into Rick and Morty, and the Simpsons.

Some of the music folks are into South Park, King of the Hill, and Bob's Burgers.

Anyways, this is where I've found the adult animation fans. They probably also have other overlapping interests that I haven't discovered yet.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 3:19 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

That's how I am too, at least as far as single women go. I go fishing by myself or with a buddy. There are usually other guys there and occasionally some of their wives come so I know some women like fishing, just not single ones. Same with board games. Lots of guys and their wives/girlfriends really like board games, but no single women. When I take my cute little dogs for walks at various parks, you'd think that would help, but I only see other guys there or couples.

People have recommended taking classes so I took a photography class. Lots of other guys there, a few of them took the class with their wives, but that was it. Same situation at the bonsai tree class I took and a cooking class I took.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

We're all tired of being single.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 8:37 pm

Well let's be honest, at your age, most of the attractive women are married. A good, high quality woman, who's reasonably attractive, isn't going to stay single for long. You almost either have to be a high quality man yourself, or get really really lucky and find a girl at the right place and at the right time.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:29 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Well let's be honest, at your age, most of the attractive women are married. A good, high quality woman, who's reasonably attractive, isn't going to stay single for long. You almost either have to be a high quality man yourself, or get really really lucky and find a girl at the right place and at the right time.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

1. You don't have to date someone your age. Plenty of younger women like older men.

2. There may not be many great, never-married women your age, but there are a lot of divorced ones.

3. There's always luck and happenstance.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 7:23 am

I think its a bit irresponsible to say many younger women are attracted to older men, many of them are not and the ones that are...I think the situation in viewtopic.php?t=408588
This thread might happen

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 10:23 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Plenty of women like an older man.

Depends on how young we're talking.

At 43, the youngest age of women he can date without it being too weird would be 35 year old women.

But I doubt a 22 year old woman would want to date a 43 year old, unless the man making this post happens to be Leonardo Dicaprio or Henry Cavill. But for the vast majority of 43 year old men, 22 year old girls would think it's weird that a middle aged man is trying to get with them.

At his age, I would stick with 35 and older.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 3:39 pm

For what it's worth, I'm not hoping or expecting to meet anyone to have a relationship with at this point. I'm not working at it or doing anything to try to make it happen. I've pretty much excepted my state in life at this point. It was a complete fluke that I met someone I was thinking about asking out only to learn that she currently has a boyfriend. I can't say I was surprised as my entire adult life, this has been the problem for me. I've even had women go out with me, only to tell me after the fact that they had a boyfriend and thought the "date" was just something co workers hanging out.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:23 am

Muse933277 wrote:
Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Plenty of women like an older man.

Depends on how young we're talking.

At 43, the youngest age of women he can date without it being too weird would be 35 year old women.

But I doubt a 22 year old woman would want to date a 43 year old, unless the man making this post happens to be Leonardo Dicaprio or Henry Cavill. But for the vast majority of 43 year old men, 22 year old girls would think it's weird that a middle aged man is trying to get with them.

At his age, I would stick with 35 and older.

This is merely your opinion--actually your bias. It's also not true, at least not for everyone.

You can see my age in my profile. My partner is in her 20s. She's smart, talented, extremely pretty, and she pursued me (I'm not good at initiating). We've now been together for 3 great years. We're in the same field (film/theater) and are frequent professional collaborators, as well as life partners.

So you think that's "weird"? Like I care-- I'm autistic. I've been called weird all my life.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 6:03 am

Muse933277 wrote:
Your opinion. My wife is 18 years my junior. We've been together nearly 25 years. But hey...thanks for calling me weird.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 5:17 pm

You and me both, OP. I work with an awesome Autistic woman who has a lot of the same interests as me, but is engaged to someone who isn’t me. I don’t know the guy’s neurotype so I will save you a “why do the few non-queer Autistic women always seem to get with NTs” rant. I’m both happy for her and super jealous of the chump who got to her first.

#palestinianlivesmatter

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 6:12 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
Your opinion. My wife is 18 years my junior. We've been together nearly 25 years. But hey...thanks for calling me weird.

It says on your profile that you're 59. If you've been together for 25 years, that means that you were about 34 when you started dating. Your wife being 18 years your junior means if you were 34 when you started dating, your wife would have been 16.

It's reasonable to look at that as pretty suss if those numbers are correct.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Sep 2022, 1:52 am

! magz wrote:
Multiple posts have been removed.
Reckless personal attacks on other members are never allowed on WrongPlanet.net.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>