What makes some people have murderous instincts? Recently, I

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:24 am

What makes some people have murderous instincts? Recently, I read the story of a boy who was spanked by his father, who did not use corporal punishment often, for which he did not, after he was spanked, he hit his father with a pipe in the head?

But then he dialed the emergency number 112 (our European counterpart to the US 911 number)

He himself notified the emergency dispatcher "that I think I killed my dad, that he is asking for an ambulance and a police patrol"

His father didn't beat him, in the sense that he was reportedly quite authoritarian and demanding, but he wasn't the type to beat kids. This boy on the police report said that he was pissed off that he got spanked for something he did not commit, that his dad does not often beat him at most once twice a year, how he really deserves that he would not resent his father if he did something wrong and he gave him several times with a belt, but that he felt that his father did not believe that he did something wrong, he stole something, so after the spanking he got pissed and on the spur of the moment grabbed the pipe that was lying on the table, his father did not hit him with the pipe, but with the belt, and even he did not tell him to undress, because he never did so to humiliate him, he hit his father with this tube on the back of his head, but then he reflected and called after the ambulance, but the prosecutor wanted to accuse him of trying to kill in affect and damaging his father's body despite the fact that his father did not want the prosecutor to accuse him, but the prosecutor did it anyway, because attempted murder is an ex officio crime, but the court did not punish him, but ordered a trial period and obliged him to attend psychotherapy anger contro

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 12:49 pm

I doubt the kid had "murderous instincts." I think most likely he was reacting in a perfectly normal way - if somebody bigger than me was violent towards me for no apparent reason, I'd want to hit back, and a pipe might improve my chances of success. I don't particularly condone it, but I think I can understand it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:01 pm

A person's upbringing can have a lot to do with it. Children who are beaten severely can grow up to be psychopaths. Look at Hitler for example.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 5:34 pm

From what I read and read it in our Polish local press, this boy's father was not one of those violent fathers, but he believed in corporal punishment when it was still legal in my country, so before 2010.

He was given a 2 or 3 belt several times in full clothes and hit his father in the head with a pipe after receiving a penalty, so it could not be counted as legal self-defense

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 5:40 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
A person's upbringing can have a lot to do with it. Children who are beaten severely can grow up to be psychopaths. Look at Hitler for example.

He wasn't beaten for no reason to daddy have blast on this from i had read