Posting about personal social experiences.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 3:28 pm

For anybody having opportunities for new social-skill experiences, does anybody view the 'Social Skills & Making Friends Forum' here on WP differently after such experiences?

For example, for what little I've personally experienced, I'm hard-pressed to put these experiences to words here on WP. At best, I'm usually only able to write a brief paragraph which generalizes the experiences.

Anybody have similar experiences?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:24 pm

I could, but I don't feel comfortable talking about other people on here much , and it would be too much for me to share as well

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 4:52 pm

klanka wrote:
I could, but I don't feel comfortable talking about other people on here much , and it would be too much for me to share as well

Thank-you for your feedback - as mentioned, I generalize (without mention of specifics e.g.) my personal experiences in brief paragraphs.

I feel this discusison-thread might act as "an ice-breaker of sorts" to better guide people on the Autism Spectrum to better reconcile social goals with partcipation here on WP.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 7:28 pm

OK I think you mean you are describing how you act in other threads, whereas I misunderstood it as you wanting everyone to post little descriptions in this thread-oops. Reading comprehension fail.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 8:59 pm

klanka wrote:
OK I think you mean you are describing how you act in other threads, whereas I misunderstood it as you wanting everyone to post little descriptions in this thread-oops. Reading comprehension fail.

I'm mainly focusing on how one might act in real life - outside of posting online.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 5:50 am

I'm sorry but I still don't really understand what you mean. Are you asking if real-life experiences change the way we see what people post in this particular section of WP?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 1:50 pm

temp1234 wrote:
I'm sorry but I still don't really understand what you mean. Are you asking if real-life experiences change the way we see what people post in this particular section of WP?

Yes, real-life experiences change the way we see WP.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 6:45 am

I couldn't put mine into details because it requires cultural contexts and language translations... Plus I don't do well with telling stories.

I'm simply too aware of how relative cultures are.
And that relatively speaking, I have social opportunities in spades.

Only except me, the individual, is inherently asocial to the core that no amount of feel good and relationships could seem to change my indifference to socializing and it's achievements.
Boredom and ego death, maybe, but not affection or competition, not hate or obsession, not attachment or validation, not even love.

Regardless.
I need to work on my emotional regulation before any behavioral regulation (being pro-social) takes place.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 8:07 pm

I'm seeking to post experiences stemming from being proactive in better understanding, and meeting the challenges of social skills & making friends.

"The wrinkle" here is lack of acquaintances with people aware of High Functioning Autism (HFA) to write about - in short, the classic chicken and egg dilemma!

I don't sense it's possible to "break the acquaintance barrier" largely based-on activism here..............in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends Forum. The rare few people I've met concerned with both HFA, and developmental disabilties surprisingly were not receptive to participating.........here on WP.

The current 'Social Skills and Making Friends Forum' discussion-thread 'Doubts, Bad Experiences, Etc. Etc. Yet........(RE-EDIT)' offers further details.