How would things have been if Hillary won in 2016?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2022, 5:56 pm

How would things have been if Hillary had won in 2016 and Trump lost? Would Trump have claimed there was a fraud and try to overturn the election like he did when he lost in 2020?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 8:22 pm

I think that things would have been horrible if Hillary became president. She's bloodthirsty and she has no respect for the sanctity of all human life, disabled or not. I'm very similar to Sgt Schultz as far as mental sharpness, appearance, emotional maturity and body-type is concerned and I'm happy to be alive and I should not be killed just because I'm handicapped.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 8:45 pm

Policywise, my guess is that she would have mostly continued Obama's policies, and would have nominated Merrick Garland-type judges for SCOTUS.

There would have been a lot of sexist rhetoric coming from the far right, much like the racist stuff during Obama's presidency.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 9:04 pm

I'm glad that Roe vs Wade was overturned. More people with disabilities will be born into this world and they will live successful lives. There are a lot more supports than ever to help make their lives successful lives.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 9:09 pm

The fact is she never became president so all this turmoil that our country suffered under Trump is mostly his own fault.

Would things have been awful under Hillary too? Who really knows? But Trump ****ed up big time and is still trying to be a dictator.

He has become an uncurable cancer in American politics as far as I'm concerned.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:21 pm

On the other hand for all the Hillary haters out there if I had to compare Hillary Clinton to a Greek Goddess she would be Hera the Wife of the cheating rapist King of the Gods known as Zues. :lol:

I mean seriously think about it, being married to the most powerful man on earth and every time Bill cheated on her instead of leaving her husband she stood by him and took it out on the women he had his wandering eyes on, even the ones who accused him of rape (from what I heard, I'm not sure if that really happened but it really would not surprise me).

And this is the same woman whose supporters claimed she was a "champion of women's rights". :lmao:

For those who don't really know about Hera in Greek Mythology here's a little documentary about her. Maybe some of you can see the parallels between her and Hillary the way i can?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:36 pm

Well we would not have to have suffered through trump at least. I think she could have been a good president.

Hedly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2022, 10:47 pm

I think she would have been incredibly dangerous given she was so hawkish on war. I didn't vote for Trump, but I could have never voted for Hillary.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well we would not have to have suffered through trump at least. I think she could have been a good president.

She very well could have been a great president even though i personally think she wasnt a very nice person.

But being a successful leader has nothing to do about how nice or moral a person can be, it's about getting stuff done and making difficult choices.

This is a saying i kinda made up myself that I think applies well to all women in positions of power throughout history.

"Nice guys finish last, Nice girls never finish at all"

Most of the female rulers throughout history were mercilessly ruthless because they had to be in order to be taken seriously as leaders, and no matter what good things they accomplished they were always hated by the patriarchy.

I look at China's only female emperor Wu Zetian as a prime example of this sort of thing. Also Cleopatra.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 2:24 am

war in ukraine, as was prepared
by kerry, mccain and the other pocketfillers
nuclear war most likely
https://www.agoravox.fr/actualites/inte ... rie-140767
https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/12/17 ... ald-trump/

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 11:52 am

Covid and Summer of Looting wouldn't have happened.

The Wuhan Virology Lab was paid by George Soros and given information by Anthony Fauci to synthetize the Covid virus, and Antifa was paid by George Soros to vandalize American cities. The purpose of these acts to was to throw Trump under the bus and make him look bad. Without Trump in office, there wouldn't be a need for those things.

Also, QAnon wouldn't have gained newcomers from the people looking for social outlets after Democrats locked us all down. I'm still friends with the QAnon people I met in 2020. Which adds another thing: I wouldn't have drifted apart from my former liberal friends, but I wouldn't have the new conservative friends I have now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 9:03 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't be alive to notice the results. :wink:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 9:10 pm

:x

What a downer topic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 9:18 pm

Hillary Clinton is the ultimate hawk. She's as much as a hawk as Hitler was.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 10:05 pm

I think her presidency would have been exactly how her campaign went. She's a career politician, married to a two-term president. She was the secretary of state for the previous administration. She had all the resources out there to make it a success.

Yet, she lost to a newcomer who held no prior public office or political position, someone with highly divisive ideas?

Wow. She was the embarrassment of the century. A disgrace.

I don't want to hear that name ever again.

No amount of shenanigans and fraud during the party primaries could save her sorry ass during the general election. You know that expression, you just can't fool them flies.
Donna Brazile, black, lesbian, and very, very guilty. But nooo, don't you dare judge her.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2022, 10:45 pm

If she kept on calling the working class 'deplorables'? We easily could have had someone a lot scarier than Trump in office in 2020.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin