Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2022, 8:06 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm not a good talker, so I give hugs instead and I like to be a Sweet Pea to everyone.

Well your hugs are more than welcome!

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2022, 8:09 pm

temp1234 wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:
I don't know if anybody is available to pm. I'm just in a dark place. I just tried "cutting" myself. i didn't penetrate the skin. I cannot handle not knowing officially if i'm on the spectrum. i've gone from place to place with dead ends "we don't diagnose adults", "it's 2,000 and we're booked til next years", or just silence from family. i feel myself getting more and more withdrawn. I don't know how silly that seems to you but a label would bring so much clarity and give me something to offer my neurotypical family and friends whether they accept it or not. I just really need someone to talk to. i won't be overly negative. i'm just seriously lonely and crying out and could use a friend :oops: :cry: .
Hi. I send my moral support to you. I can understand your need for an official diagnosis. That gives you an official explanation for some of the struggles you've had in your life. I certainly felt a sense of relief when I got my diagnosis. The diagnosis helps in some practical ways, too, such as in receiving support from the autism association of the state where I live (I'm not USAn) etc. I've seen some other USA people on WP having difficulty getting diagnosed. However, I think some USA adults do get a diagnosis. I believe that it just takes some time and effort. Even without a diagnosis yet, you know yourself better than anyone else do. It's frustrating that some people don't understand your difficulties etc. I believe WP is a good place for finding people that understand your loneliness and struggles though it's just online. I hope you feel less lonely communicating with people here.

Thanks for the hope. Yes I feel less lonely on here.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 10:15 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Rolling Stones wrote:
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you'll find
You get what you need

While for now, you can't get what you want a professional diagnosis settling for "I suspect I am autistic" and making decisions on the assumption that you are autistic might get you what you need.

I have been on this site since 2013 and have read about a lot of reactions of loved ones to a diagnosis. What I am saying is that there is no guarantee your family will accept a professional diagnosis.

Acceptance from our families is important, there is no minimizing that. But you are 39 years old. Being an adult sometimes means prioritizing your own needs ahead of ahead acceptance from your family.

The adult diagnosis situation is bad but noticeably better than it was when I started here. I see no reason why that won't continue so eventually I think you will get your assessment. We are only here on this earth for a limited amount of time so it is a good idea to make the best of bad situations.

I would advise taking a break from trying to get assessed for 6 months or a year or so. Live your life, enjoy your interests etc. Your mind will be in a better place and thus possibly able to pursue more effective strategies to get an assessment.

I hope some of this is helpful,
Good Luck,
ASPartOfMe

I needed that advise so much! I will do that

Glad to be of help.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2022, 1:41 am

How are you feeling today? I hope you are doing better. *hugs*

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2022, 1:44 am

Pteranomom wrote:
How are you feeling today? I hope you are doing better. *hugs*

I'm feeling better. Learning to accept me instead of freaking out over a diagnosis. Somebody on here said life is short. Another person said I could identify as neurodiverse...I've got a wealth of support and wisdom from talk you guys. Priceless

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 3:34 am

I’m envious of your climate :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 12:58 pm

I hope you're feeling better.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2022, 4:16 pm

Well, I told my therapist about the cutting urge and the urge to walk into oncoming traffic. So now my family keeps my razors and my pills. I'm so spent. But its for my safety. I have a lot to life for. God is helping me as well as this forum.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2022, 4:03 am

BreathlessJade wrote:
Well, I told my therapist about the cutting urge and the urge to walk into oncoming traffic. So now my family keeps my razors and my pills. I'm so spent. But its for my safety. I have a lot to life for. God is helping me as well as this forum.

Have you any coping strategies or plan of action for a crisis moment?

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2022, 7:59 pm

jimmyjazzuk wrote:
BreathlessJade wrote:

Have you any coping strategies or plan of action for a crisis moment?

i gave my razor to my cousin. i'm gonna be in a group therapy. but something is wrong with me. and my body is not responding well to it....shaking, headaches, can't concentrate (can't tell you how much i have to use spell correct). and i'm not used to speaking about this so now that i have a safe place, i'm just dumping all out on here.