Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:52 am

Seems legit. Explains a lot about some ppl.

https://fb.watch/ftmMBlvjP6/

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 5:15 pm

Facebook news is not where I go for insights. Not to say there might not be some accuracy, but having opened two Facebook clips in a row, I'm reminded just how irrelevant it all is. Like made up gossip news.

Hedly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2022, 5:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Seems legit. Explains a lot about some ppl.

https://fb.watch/ftmMBlvjP6/

It's no different than TDS, is it? People love to freak about politicians.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 5:08 am

For those who don't want to waste 3 minutes, I have made a sacrifice for you.

Here are the relevant parts:

Host: A caller called in who believes that there is Biden Derangement Syndrome going on down in Texas where he lives, take a listen to this:

Caller: Hi David this is Chris down in Texas...

Host: Yes.

Caller: and uhh... I notice in my town I see "F Biden" bumper stickers, "F Biden" stickers on the gas pump...

Host: Oh yeah.

Caller: ... and signs in yards ... it seems like there is a lot of Biden Derangement Syndrome down here...

Host: I would say so...

Caller: ... and it just doesn't really get talked about. And then uhh thinking about Barack Obama, how they were so obsessed with what suits he wore and uh the birtherism it seems like there has been alot of derangement syndrome on their side for quite a long time.

<Call ends>

Host: Of course there has and they love to say ohhh Trump Derangement Syndrome...

He goes on to talk about anti-Biden paraphernalia he's seen in New York and that's it. The rest of the clip is an advert.

tl;dw version: Trump Derangement Syndrome? No. U.

They really don't like it when they are accused of suffering from TDS, which means it is effective.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 11:15 am

Mikah wrote:
They really don't like it when they are accused of suffering from TDS, which means it is effective.

Because tds is a made up insult tossed at anyone that dares criticize their orange cult leaderbean for anything from his nasty rhetoric to his crime spree.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 11:23 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Facebook news is not where I go for insights. Not to say there might not be some accuracy, but having opened two Facebook clips in a row, I'm reminded just how irrelevant it all is. Like made up gossip news.

Ok.

Facebook isn't a news production company. They don't create any of it. It's more of a news clip aggregator. There are news clips and shows from every major network + independent commentators like this guy, David Pakman. No need to have a tv or cable subscription to see what CNN, faux, abc, msnbc, newsmax etc etc all had to say about whatever the topic of the day is.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 12:14 pm

TDS is very real, in fact it's quite prevalent on the board, but the term doesn't refer to simple Trump criticism but rather obsession with him, which is easily discerned when a poster say starts thread after thread about him and constantly bumps them, or puts Trump related statements in their signature or avatar.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 12:20 pm

Trump is troublesome because he didn't want to cede the Presidential Chair----despite the fact that he lost the 2020 election. Sets a rather bad precedent, I would say.

I wouldn't say the same thing about any virtually other person who has been prominent federally (except for avowed Trumpists)----Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, etc.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 3:31 pm

I dont believe in any president derangement syndrome. This seems to be a term tossed at people who don't like their president.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 9:12 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This seems to be a term tossed at people who don't like their president.

No, just those who are fixated, who claim to hate someone while making that hate into their entire personality. Trump particularly seems to bring it out in people, his haters pay him much more attention than even his most devoted fans, something I can confirm from my perch on some much more right leaning spaces.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 9:52 pm

People on Fakebook are posting insanity such as Queen Elizabeth II being a reptile and that North Korea just landed the first man on the sun. So why should I believe anything else political on Fakebook?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 10:05 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
People on Fakebook are posting insanity such as Queen Elizabeth II being a reptile and that North Korea just landed the first man on the sun. So why should I believe anything else political on Fakebook?

You realize that if you're seeing that on Facebook it's because your friends are posting it, right?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 10:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Ok.

Facebook isn't a news production company. They don't create any of it. It's more of a news clip aggregator. There are news clips and shows from every major network + independent commentators like this guy, David Pakman. No need to have a tv or cable subscription to see what CNN, faux, abc, msnbc, newsmax etc etc all had to say about whatever the topic of the day is.

If a topic of the day is irrelevant, why get in on it?

Sometimes it fun just to waste time, I do realize that, but I'm not going to pretend time wasters are serious debate topics or real news stories.