Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 9:37 am

klanka wrote:
Quote:
Similarly, it also pisses me off when Christians are telling me not to worry about a girlfriend or a wife, because all that matters is to "serve the Lord". But wait a second: they have girlfriends and wifes. So why is it, in their case, it matters but in my case it doesn't? Again, because they have low opinion of me, but won't say it.

lol that does piss me off as well. Thankfully most of them are not like that.

Well, in my case, most of them ARE like that.

But then again, is it really about THEM being like that or is it about WHOM they are talking to? Maybe if they were to talk to someone else they would encourage him to find a partner but if they are talking to me, then they are telling me to "seek the lord" since I look undatable.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 11:01 am

Yeah it might be, I met women while doing evangelism. I don't know it that's something that would work for other people though

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm

klanka wrote:
Yeah it might be, I met women while doing evangelism. I don't know it that's something that would work for other people though

And that is other thing that pisses me off. If someone meets women, they don't discourage it (your case) but when someone doesn't meet women, thats when they discourage it (my case).

It should be the opposite: someone like me needs more help than someone like you. Yet someone like me is the one whom they decide not to help and, instead, say "seek the Lord".

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 5:46 pm

There's only one person who can help with that: J.C.
. Other men can't really help you with that, and they seem to have no interest in helping, in my experience.

I was handing out leaflets by myself and other times with a friend and met two good looking women. Both of which developed into something other than platonic. It seems possible that evangelism could be blessed in that way.
when I met loads of women through volunteering or church it never got past everyday conversation except once in two years.

Although right now I'm doing an experiment where I do absolutely nothing for a week or two. The first time I'm relying on faith instead of works properly.
So this'll be the first week i haven't volunteered, or evangelised in a year.
I'll only attend church once a week.
I wont be doing anything else like reading the bible or fasting. I'll let you know how it goes.
It sez those who rely on faith are blessed in Galatians 3.

With the two good looking women it did progress into something. but with one it ended badly, and the other not much happened.