Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

aviandivine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2022, 8:45 pm

Imagine a game where you place your own train lines based off of real world train maps. There's a sandbox mode where YOU can make YOUR OWN train map! What?? Where has this been all my life, I love it!

The music? Ambient calm tones and hums. Night mode? Enabled. You watch small shapes move to their respective stations and there's a counter of how many people you've transported. Play this game ASAP. It's free online in a flash player and only $10 on steam.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2022, 6:28 am

Also available on GOG for $10.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 2:02 am

But it doesn't even have loud race cars so I don't see it providing me with much comfort.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2022, 11:38 am

You might also like openttd a fan made copy of transport tycoon deluxe. It was one of the original games for transport. It did have real maps as it had the area I'm living now. I could spend hours on that game.

Mini metro for me is ok in small doses. I got mine free on origin at some point

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2022, 1:04 pm

I go thru phases where I love this type of game. I've cycled out of that interest atm, but I also enjoyed Train Valley, Train Valley 2, & Turmoil. Those are less abstract than Mini Metro, tho. You might look into Traffix too.

I tend to mute music, so I can't comment on the audio experience.