Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 8:51 pm

The Death Flower

All I leave behind are my rotting bones in the end
Like the 5 petals of the white rose withering away in the gentle wind...

When your long glistening sword stabbed through my beating heart
It wept bloody tears for you...

When your arrows and bullets pierced through my beating heart
It wept bloody tears for you...

When they burned my body to blackened ashes at the stake and the scorched soil was stained by the tears weeping from the clouds above, it grew pretty white roses for you...

And the 5 delicate white petals of each rose still fades away in the gentle wind....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 2:44 am

:thumleft:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 10:46 pm

Nice work!

The good news at least, Key 13 (Death) has a lot of benevolent transitional aspects. It can have some 10 of swords aspects but some of what I remember from the BOTA deck:

The bones symbolize Saturn.
The white seed (as opposed to flower) with the lines and circle represents the five elements including akasha.
The scythe of the reaper is shaped like a crescent moon but has the iron of mars.
There's a hint of activity between sacral and throat chakras (ie. mars and venus).
The Hebrew letter Nun - fish (which makes me wonder if there's anything to draw from Tzadi, ie. fish hook).
The sun is actually rising rather than setting.
There's more astrological exalted, ruling, alchemical process, etc. but that's a more geeky discussion.

Also good work on the trauma processing, I have a feeling we'll be doing that for much of the rest of our lives.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 8:00 am

I'm glad you guys liked it. :)

That's some very interesting information about the Death card (which I admit is the card I feel the most 'drawn' to in the tarot deck).

Speaking of which, the Death card is also one of my two birth cards along with The Emperor. I find that interesting.

:king: :skull: