Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 3:18 am

I'd like to share a link to a new thread I created which is related to this subject:

viewtopic.php?t=408739

Its probably related to Low Frustration Tolerance, the same subject I talk about in this new thread.

Basically, the stress causes you sometimes to lose control or lose patience, so you might stop doing the stressful thing or avoid the situation or something of that nature. The solution is to be in suitable, comfortable, situations, and in this way avoid this kind of stress. The other solution might be change the way you think or look at things, but because we are not normal people, it might be difficult to do so. Normal people without Asperger Syndrome dont have to deal with this kind of problem, so thats why stressful situations dont look stressful to them, even if they are stressful in generally, for general population.

Do you guys have specific methods to deal with some types of stressful or frustrating situations? If yes, like what?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 9:52 am

Noamx wrote:
The solution is to be in suitable, comfortable, situations, and in this way avoid this kind of stress.
Yep. I try to structure my life to avoid stress. When still working I could manage temporary schedule pressure—but I generally knew what I needed to do, the issue was more likely that there was so much to do (I was in IT so that meant occasional very long hours).

Noamx wrote:
Normal people without Asperger Syndrome dont have to deal with this kind of problem, so thats why stressful situations dont look stressful to them, even if they are stressful in generally, for general population.
I'm confused about what you are saying. Are you saying NTs don't realize they are being stressed?

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2022, 11:40 pm

I thought I could deal with stress, but I'll confess; I physically get run down. My body starts shaking and my hear starts thumping. Lately its been more frequent, and my day is mostly positive. So I can identify with you. Sometimes the world feels like its swallowing me and I'm just trying to stay grounded. A lot of prayer helps me

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 2:48 am

I recognise it as a symptom. Once plans start to go awry it sometimes hard to get back on track without taking a break.