Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AngloIrishGuy
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2022, 5:59 am

Right, so this probably seems kind of pathetic, and I guess it is, but where can I find an online friend with autism? Im 31 and apart from my girlfriend I dont have any friends at all. Pretty pathetic, huh? My girlfriend is lovely, but she is NT and I really need my own kind to speak to sometimes. I live in the country and I dont even know where to find friends. Is there a site for autistic adults to find online friends? I joined this site for this reason, but to be honest im having trouble using it and i find the layout kind of confusing. If this question goes against the rules I sincerely apologize, just politely tell me and I will take it down. Im just so sick of having no friends to talk to and im going mad here by myself.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2022, 2:21 pm

You won't be friends with everyone here. We're all different for a start. That said find people with similar interests to you and start posting on topics they like.

That said some people don't mind being other people's friends. Some are more social than others. I'm in this group. But I don't know anything about you. For example if you liked a lot of sports and origami for example I wouldn't have anything in common with you so would struggle being friends. Unless sports included figure skating, daughter's interest.

There is also a thread in the social skills section

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2022, 11:43 am

I'm curious about what's confusing & difficult about the forums? I keep seeing this said about old-school style forums (vs facebook style stuff).

AngloIrishGuy wrote:
im having trouble using it and i find the layout kind of confusing.

Kmcgowan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2023, 11:38 pm

Just checking to see if anyone really uses this. ❤ Hope so.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 11:44 pm

Kmcgowan wrote:

OP hasn't been back since, according to their profile.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Kmcgowan wrote:

OP hasn't been back since, according to their profile.

He only stayed for a single day.

Shucks.

propheticprototype
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2023, 3:15 am

AngloIrishGuy wrote:
Right, so this probably seems kind of pathetic, and I guess it is, but where can I find an online friend with autism? Im 31 and apart from my girlfriend I dont have any friends at all. Pretty pathetic, huh? My girlfriend is lovely, but she is NT and I really need my own kind to speak to sometimes. I live in the country and I dont even know where to find friends. Is there a site for autistic adults to find online friends? I joined this site for this reason, but to be honest im having trouble using it and i find the layout kind of confusing. If this question goes against the rules I sincerely apologize, just politely tell me and I will take it down. Im just so sick of having no friends to talk to and im going mad here by myself.

I'd be your friend.

Can you message me?