Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 1:49 pm

I am not exactly sure why I was smiling today, maybe I was in a happy mood that I found a place to stay, and that I haven't lost my quiz that I was supposed to grade, after all, and that the teaching review that my supervisor wrote was better than I expected. I do know that someone pointed out that I smile which is a bit unusual of me.

And then 10 minutes after that I noticed that a cashier at the caffee randomly striked a conversation with me. Well, it was a male cashier. I would have preferred a female one. But usually none of the cashiers ever talk to me, male or female, this male including (I mean he was a cashier for a while). But this time he started talking to me when I was still standing in line.

And then when I sat down to drink coffee, I noticed that a certain female sat at the table close to mine. Usually women never sit close to me (although men do). But this time she did.

Now, today in and of itself won't count on a grand scheme of things. But it makes me think of a plan of action that would. Would it help if, at the day when I am happy, I just go join a new club. And that way I would make good first impression? I guess the days such as today don't happen very often. So maybe I should hurry. Except that I have to teach :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 8:10 am

Smiling does make you seem approachable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 8:18 am

That's why I don't wear a mask when I'm at the flea market. I want customers to see my smile.