Do you ever get the feeling?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:54 pm

That we live in a world where narcissists are actually in the greater majority? I often feel that I could probably count the people I know personally who seem to experience actual empathy and compassion for others on two hands only. Most people i know are so beyond goddamn selfish and cruel and don't even seem to have love for their own mothers or children.

I'm not even sure if this is unique to my hometown, my country (Ammmuurrica!! !), or simply the whole world?

And it feels to me like the internet actualy lifts the veil off of these people exposing humans for what they really are behind their masks of civility. The fact that so many people online say and do nasty and cruel things when they know they can get away with it I think proves the point i am trying to make.

Is humanity even worth saving at this point? I'm starting to think maybe I'm pro-WW3 and pro-Climate Change.

I hope that when humans are gone that another species more perfected than we are will take our place and dominate what's left of this planet.

Oh, and I really hope there is no religious 'salvation' after the end of days! Just the thought of angels carrying a bunch of happy self-rightious narcissistic souls who are saved by Jesus up to heaven as they laugh and smile and mock the unsaved souls who are burning in hell forever fills me with utter misotheistic disgust!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 11:19 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2022, 2:04 am

Most people I know actually seem pretty nice. Everyone has their failings, of course. We all have things we struggle with. But most people seem to want to be good. Like my neighbor-lady. She is often a little grumpy. But she also mows other people's lawns for them if they are sick. She's given me flowers and I'm glad she is my neighbor.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 6:07 am

I regularly get the feeling I'm better than most people and that the majority are stupid and don't get it like I do. I can also perform mental acrobatics to justify that feeling. Not a healthy space to occupy though and I have to constantly remind myself to avoid falling back into it, not always with a great deal of success.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 7:01 am

I think there might be a danger with thinking that most people are potentially dangerous

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 7:35 am

I think egocentric people have always been doing the rounds. I'm the past people used to treat others horribly when given the slightest bit of authority.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:06 am

babybird wrote:
I think there might be a danger with thinking that most people are potentially dangerous

Maybe, but that doesnt change the fact that many people are in fact dangerous. Why do you think wars and riots happen?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:14 am

Well I think that rioters and warmongers are two different types of people.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:19 am

babybird wrote:
Well I think that rioters and warmongers are two different types of people.

And they're both dangerous

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:24 am

Not always narcissistic though.

And I just don't like to think that the majority of people are dangerous anyway.

I'd rather give people a chance before I write them off

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:46 am

I've met many.
I've had dark thoughts because of this

Last edited by klanka on 17 Sep 2022, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:56 am

I just think that you're limiting yourself when you start putting negative labels on people.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 9:13 am

Ah yes, the typical "There's nothing wrong with the world and if you think that humans are inherently selfish and cruel then that means there's something wrong with you the individual and you deserve to be treated badly!" argument. :roll:

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 9:17 am

babybird wrote:
I just think that you're limiting yourself when you start putting negative labels on people.

I think labels help when it comes to personality disorders.
If you are forced to be around a narcissist due to home or work, then you'd know that you have to only be an acquaintance and not a friend or close friend.
This is because they attack their closest friends. They treat acquaintances very well however.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 9:23 am

klanka wrote:
babybird wrote:

I think labels help when it comes to personality disorders.
If you are forced to be around a narcissist due to home or work, then you'd know that you have to only be an acquaintance and not a friend or close friend.
This is because they attack their closest friends. They treat acquaintances very well however.

My mom's fourth husband was an abusive sociopath and her entire family seems to have narcissistic traits.

And I live in a town plagued with drugs. In fact my nextdoor druggie neighbor was practically responsible for a young man's death when he overdosed while they were cooking meth and she and her boyfriend literallt dumped this guy in a ditch AND she never rven served prison time for this.

I can't help but question the so-called ethics of the people in the society i live in. I know a few people like my mom who seem to always try to do the right thing, but then I see how people have mocked her or treated her badly for caring.

We all just need to face the fact that it's a deeply screwed up world we live in. :|

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 9:34 am

Wow that's cold, just dumping him in the ditch. Gotta be on yer guard man.