Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2022, 9:52 am

What options are there for someone if they don’t have any children of their own?

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

Options for what? Having kids? They could adopt or marry someone with kids. Or they could live without kids.

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2022, 2:32 am

Is there any other options?

timf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 7:33 am

Fostering can be an option, but there are conditions. You have to do what your state says in they way they say to do it. You may find kids with extreme or even criminal behaviors. If you build an emotional attachment, it may be cut short. However, for those who can manage, it can be rewarding.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:35 am

ivyeight6 wrote:
Is there any other options?
ARE their any other options?

Adoption, fostering, or convincing a woman to conceive and bear your children are your only legal options. Running a child daycare might be another option if you have no disabilities and are properly trained and licensed. However, officials might find your fixation on children a little too suspicious to grant a license.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:07 am

Pets?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm

I became a Big Sister through Big Brothers / Big Sisters when I was single.

I also volunteered in some activities with kids.

The relationships lacked the permanence of having a child, niece/nephew or foster child, but I got a lot out of them, and learned much that helped me when I did become a parent.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 8:58 pm

"Childfree" means voluntarily not having kids and generally wanting nothing to do with them (except for kids in your extended family you already bonded with). If you're seeking "options", the correct term is "childless".