Medication for treating Asperger Syndrome itself

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 3:18 am

Noamx wrote:
Your answer sounds stupid, sorry to say. To me its like you're telling me, "Noamx, you're the only person in the world who have found the medications you mentioned useful for Asperger's Syndrome".

You can think whatever you want to think, and I can think whatever I want to think. So the same applies for sharing thoughts on the forums.

I stated that the medications you listed don't help me, and that I don't know how they would help you or anyone else with an autism spectrum disorder. None of them are recommended by my GP, my Neurospsychologist, my Neuropsychiatrist, or my Occupational Therapist for Sensory Processing Disorder.

If you think I'm a troll who gives answers that sound stupid or misinformed, please provide medical research confirming hat these narcotic drugs are helpful in the treatment of an incurable neuordevelopmental disorder such as ASD.

I'll step away and let you self-medicate until you find something that works. Then perhaps you can update the scientific literature to show us your data.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 3:21 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Noamx wrote:
Your answer sounds stupid, sorry to say. To me its like you're telling me, "Noamx, you're the only person in the world who have found the medications you mentioned useful for Asperger's Syndrome".

You can think whatever you want to think, and I can think whatever I want to think. So the same applies for sharing thoughts on the forums.

I stated that the medications you listed don't help me, and that I don't know how they would help you or anyone else with an autism spectrum disorder. None of them are recommended by my GP, my Neurospsychologist, my Neuropsychiatrist, or my Occupational Therapist for Sensory Processing Disorder.

If you think I'm a troll who gives answers that sound stupid or misinformed, please provide medical research confirming hat these narcotic drugs are helpful in the treatment of an incurable neuordevelopmental disorder such as ASD.

I'll step away and let you self-medicate until you find something that works. Then perhaps you can update the scientific literature to show us your data.

The only reason I stopped using some of them was because they had side effects I couldnt deal living with. But some of these on my list I use almost daily, and they help me perform better in social situations and more. What I really dont like is you state your opinion like its a fact. If it didnt help with your ASD, that doesnt mean it wont for others. And I'm the proof for that it can help ASD because it helped mine, so I'm the proof, I dont need to start sharing links to scientific sites and so on. Yeah, a human being can be a proof, I'm sure about that. If you think I lie about this thats a different story.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 3:31 am

Worthless wrote:
That seems like a rather sketchy list of drugs...

Edna3362 wrote:
The closest thing I have is fix executive function than aspergers itself.
When executive function is restored/boosted/etc., social skills, communication and language would follow for me.

Meaning, it's just a form of compensation -- executive function is an access to be able to compensate.

But I don't know how to attain it.
Except possibly involves both hormones (too sensitive and fluctuating, no means of managing it) and treating sleep issues (and also with respiratory issues involved).

There are those rare days that I woke up really different -- that I am a different person than usual -- an actual fully functioning 28 year old instead of the dysfunctional kind stuck in an adult body -- yet I'm still autistic.
Executive functioning just made my autism way, way, way easy (and even advantageous) to handle and I want that route for myself.

I want a permanent version of those lucky weeks.

My sped school chose me as one of the two students they had testing some computer "game" that was supposed to improve executive functioning.

I don't think it worked though...

Of course it doesn't.

Good sitting span, attention span, impulse control and hand and eye coordination doesn't solve full-bodied, multi-sensory processing issues, emotional regulation and overwhelm induced short-sightedness, clumsiness, poor planning and decision making, transition tasks speeds.

I played plenty of games myself, and that doesn't even translate.
Mainly because I do not have ADHD, instead I have a something that acts as if it's ADD and BPD, and sitting span and attention isn't my problem -- it's remembering and knowing whens and when-not-tos.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 3:37 am

Your OP said "I was hoping you all could tell me what you think about these medicines."

That's what I told you.
I can only speak for myself so it is a "fact" for me.
It's also a fact that these meds aren't formulated for ASD.

If you use them off label and you find that they help, that's great.
That's not my understanding though because you keep seeking our opinions.

My ASD and yours seem totally different so maybe that's why we have different results.
I have Autism Spectrum Disorder (Moderate Level).
You have what you call "Asperger's Syndrome".

I don't have any interest in improving my social skill.
The only thing I'd like to "fix" would be some of my catastrophic SPD impairments.
I don't see any of the drugs on your list helping my vagus nerve or nervous system.

I told you about Risperidone which is marketed for ASD, but you showed no interest in it.