Medication for treating Asperger Syndrome itself

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2022, 4:14 pm

Hey guys, been a while, its me Noamx again. Sorry to come in here out of nowhere. I have already created a thread about medications, but this time I'd like to talk to you about the medications which, specifically, help with Asperger Syndrome itself, not just medications which help with things like depression, anxiety, mood disorder, which are problems which any person can experience, with or without Asperger Syndrome.

Well basically, it works differently for different people, but I think there are quite a few medications which directly help with Asperger Syndrome, and some of them may or may not be Psychiatric ones, but they have similar effects to Psychiatric medications as well. The way it seems like is, although there are side effects to each one, some side effects are not a big problem for some medications and that makes it worth using frequently. Addiction is a different subject, but to be honest with you, I dont think I'm addicted, I just think if I use something which helps and doesnt cause any big damage, then thats okay, I dont see a problem with that. Even with small addiciton like I might have, I still always have control over what I use when it comes to medications. I also realized the solution is not taking more pills, but simply taking the right medication. You can increase the amount of pills but if this medication sucks for you, its not worth it. Thats what I realized. Yeah, its good to realize that because it can help decide. Other than that, there are quite a few medications which have helped with my Asperger Syndrome. I was hoping if you all can please share what you think about these medications, thanks. I'll give you a list of all of them.

Caffeine
Morphine
Tramadol
Escitalopram
Vodka
Promethazine
Hydroxyzine
Pseudoephedrine
Fluoxetine

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 4:47 pm

Caffeine -- Gives me heart palpitations, I can only have a very small amount, helps ADHD a little bit
Morphine -- No pain relief, doesn't help with ASD (no idea how it could), keeps me wide awake
Tramadol -- Same ^
Escitalopram -- Haven't tried it
Vodka -- For ASD? Um, no. For a drink, sure.
Promethazine -- Never tried it, no idea how that would help ASD
Hydroxyzine -- Same ^
Pseudoephedrine -- I'm using Benylin expectorant for pneumonia. I'm still autistic.
Fluoxetine -- Never tried it

Have you asked your doctor about these?
None of them are ASD treatments.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 5:55 pm

I don't understand what you mean by the meds can help Autism/Asperger's itself. That's like saying that there are meds that can help neurotypicality. If anyone comes up with meds that can cure neurotypicality, please let me know right away!

Wreck It Ralph

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 6:11 pm

The closest thing I have is fix executive function than aspergers itself.
When executive function is restored/boosted/etc., social skills, communication and language would follow for me.

Meaning, it's just a form of compensation -- executive function is an access to be able to compensate.

But I don't know how to attain it.
Except possibly involves both hormones (too sensitive and fluctuating, no means of managing it) and treating sleep issues (and also with respiratory issues involved).

There are those rare days that I woke up really different -- that I am a different person than usual -- an actual fully functioning 28 year old instead of the dysfunctional kind stuck in an adult body -- yet I'm still autistic.
Executive functioning just made my autism way, way, way easy (and even advantageous) to handle and I want that route for myself.

I want a permanent version of those lucky weeks.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:01 pm

I turn to extra caffeine in times of trouble. I start my days off with coffee during tough times, because it's got more caffeine than the tea that I drink. It gives me that buzz that I need to keep an even keel.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:17 pm

Medications treat symptoms. You are asking (in essence what medication will restructure and re-wire a brain. The answer to that question is there are none. There is never likely to be any. As to your list:
Caffeine
Morphine
Tramadol
Escitalopram
Vodka
Promethazine
Hydroxyzine
Pseudoephedrine
Fluoxetine

NONE of these drugs will give anyone a neurotypical brain...and most will have addictive and even harmful properties with long-term use.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 9:18 pm

I'm not taking a bunch of dangerous, addictive and ineffective drugs for something that is a part of who I am.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:18 pm

That seems like a rather sketchy list of drugs...

Edna3362 wrote:
The closest thing I have is fix executive function than aspergers itself.
When executive function is restored/boosted/etc., social skills, communication and language would follow for me.

Meaning, it's just a form of compensation -- executive function is an access to be able to compensate.

But I don't know how to attain it.
Except possibly involves both hormones (too sensitive and fluctuating, no means of managing it) and treating sleep issues (and also with respiratory issues involved).

There are those rare days that I woke up really different -- that I am a different person than usual -- an actual fully functioning 28 year old instead of the dysfunctional kind stuck in an adult body -- yet I'm still autistic.
Executive functioning just made my autism way, way, way easy (and even advantageous) to handle and I want that route for myself.

I want a permanent version of those lucky weeks.

My sped school chose me as one of the two students they had testing some computer "game" that was supposed to improve executive functioning.

I don't think it worked though...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:20 pm

On second thought, I'm thinking of quitting coffee tomorrow. If it gives me a buzz, I shouldn't be drinking it.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:25 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
On second thought, I'm thinking of quitting coffee tomorrow. If it gives me a buzz, I shouldn't be drinking it.

Nothing wrong with a buzz if you want one

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:47 pm

Worthless wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Nothing wrong with a buzz if you want one

That's very true

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 2:14 am

Thanks for the replies everyone. Again, like happened before, there seems to be alot of misunderstanding for some of you, and although I consider myself a great English speaker from Israel, it seems like it could be a language problem, or a combination of other things as well, like for example your failure to understand words the way they are intended / meant to say something(its hard to tell). I dont try and give a lesson to anybody, but I also dont think this misunderstanding is 100% my fault.

About medications, what I mean to say is non psychiatric medications have, personally, helped me in various ways with symptoms of Asperger Syndrome. It did that by improving my performance in many ways. This performance can be related to speech, social skills, language, knowing when is the right time to speak / remain silent, being more confident or self confident, and so on. The other question is, which is, the answer to it is probably no, is if medication for treating the syndrome itself exists or not. I understand the answer is probably no, so the question isnt very relevant. But the meaning behind the question is simple: if only psychiatric medications can help somebody with the syndrome, or can non psychiatric ones help as well. For me, the answer is both can help. Thats what I meant and if you had a misunderstanding, it cant be 100% my fault, although maybe only partially my fault. If you mean to say its 100% my fault and you imply I'm an "idiot", I think you have a big problem with yourselves(and thats the nicest way I can think of to describe this unfair statement, and I consider myself a relatively polite person in generally).

The medications I mentioned are also important for me to hear your opinions about. Unfortunately, not all of you have replied about the medications. Google searches can help find information about medications, but this information isnt always accurate.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 2:21 am

I understand what you were asking, Noamx.
I still don't know how any of those medications would help ASD, even temporarily.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 2:54 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I still don't know how any of those medications would help ASD, even temporarily.

If this is your answer, I must say I'm surprised. If this is some type of trolling, I think you should go do that somewhere else(or atleast, not this thread).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 2:56 am

Noamx wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

If this is your answer, I must say I'm surprised. If this is some type of trolling, I think you should go do that somewhere else(or atleast, not this thread).

Trolling?

I'm answering your question, just like I answered it the other times.

How is that ... trolling? and what am I supposed to do somewhere else?

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 3:08 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Noamx wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Trolling?

I'm answering your question, just like I answered it the other times.

How is that ... trolling? and what am I supposed to do somewhere else?

Your answer sounds stupid, sorry to say. To me its like you're telling me, "Noamx, you're the only person in the world who have found the medications you mentioned useful for Asperger's Syndrome".

You can think whatever you want to think, and I can think whatever I want to think. So the same applies for sharing thoughts on the forums.