Why do I feel sad after a happy day out somewhere ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 8:28 pm

I don't know why but I seem to get this feeling of sadness after having been out somewhere good for the day as though I'm never going back there again. As an animal-lover I had a nice day out at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in Kent, UK and yet when all is done and it is time to go home at 4 or 5pm. These thoughts start creeping up on me as though this is my last trip even though I have been there before countless times.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 11:38 pm

I can understand the sentiment. I think it's very natural to feel that way. When something that makes you happy ends, it makes you sad. When I visit my parents, who live far away, I enjoy spending time with them and feel very happy. However, when it's time to leave, it makes me very sad to the point of feeling depressed. Going back from the haven where you are surrounded by people that care about you to the reality where everyone wants you dead is naturally frightening and depressing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 6:14 am

It’s because the happy time is over, and you’re back to “reality.”

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:30 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

I feel the same way in January because I really enjoy Christmas and December. I also feel the same way the first third of November, because Oktoberfest season is over. I always feel sad when good things come to an end.