Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2022, 2:05 am

The man is disappointed. He has two daughters from previous relationships. His new wife had a daughter with him. He wants a son. The ultrasound said they're having another girl. What should he do?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 2:41 am

What should he do?

Go to therapy I guess.

Why would it matter to him whether his child had a penis or a vagina?

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2022, 12:02 pm

Well, since sperm determines the X vs Y... he can get mad at himself, I suppose.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:14 am

I hope he doesn't act like Henry VIII. His obsession with having a boy caused many deaths.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:20 am

I've known a few families who kept having babies of the same gender until they had one of the other gender, then they stopped. I don't see the point in that. If I was brave enough to have children at all I probably wouldn't have any more than 2, and if they're both boys or both girls then so be it. I'd love them regardless.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:10 pm

Long run, he should accept the will of God/nature/whatever-he-believes-in and love the daughter fully. Period.

That said, short term, it is OK to be disappointed. Emotions happen. He should let himself experience his emotions, then move forward. If he needs to mourn the image of all the things he wanted to do with a son, he can go ahead and mourn the image.

If he needs help doing that, he can try counseling.

If he can't accept what God/nature/whatever-he-believes-in is going to give him in the way of gendered children, he shouldn't have them.

Long run, gender is such a small thing. It tells you very little about what the child will really be like. We don't get to pick the personalities, abilities, looks or gender of our kids. We don't get to pick anything, really. Name of the game is accepting and loving what you get.