Combination cause of Asperger Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2022, 4:46 am

They say Asperger Syndrome is caused by multiple things, but what I'm not sure about, is if what they say its the combination of all things together causing it, if thats true or not, thats what I'm not sure about. I'm only sure about the causes they mentioned, like genetics and such, but other causes like issues during pregnancy before birth, is something I'm not sure about. I always really wanted to find out what caused mine, but wasnt able to. It seems like my astrology sign, Capricorn, has a tendency to have a higher chance, because Capricorns are less social people. But I have no idea if that had any effect on developing Asperger Syndrome. If yes, I really hope I was born in a different month, but thats not something I can choose for myself. Other than that, can you explain what you think about all this? It'd be nice to hear your thoughts, thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:00 am

I don't know what caused mine either. Mines supposedly the opposite of 'causes'.
I may have 'negative' chances if I wanna be absurd about it. Born under a very sociable month even.

My sister has the mostly mentioned combination of causes... And is still NT.

You kidding?
My mom's a capricorn and is basically the most extroverted person I've ever known. More 'NT' than the NTs I've known.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:30 am

Astrology has nothing to do with it.

Though its not impossible that psychological conditions might correlate with the time of year you were born, or with the time of year that you were conceived nine months earlier- for reasons that have nothing to do with the stars.

But even that is doubtful. If there were more aspies born in some months than others they would have noticed that by now I would think.

But aspergers/autism is something you're born with, and does seem to run in families. So there must be some genetic, or epigenetic component.

But environment (meaning everything from pre natal and childhood conditions to up bringing) could help or hurt probably.

Autism is a new frontier that we are only now just mapping. It will probably be radically remapped again and again in the coming years as they learn more.

Siddiq_Sultan
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Sep 2022, 9:39 am

Have you read Simon Baron Cohen?
https://www.academia.edu/19271242/Autis ... _and_truth

I think it's totally combo. In my case it's a bit of genetic (I see some light signs in parents), a big chunk of damage to brain during birth due to asphyxiation and also complex PTSD due to my parents' lack of understanding of my condition and trying to discipline me through being too strict (shouting, hitting, spanking, physically preventing from doing stuff and often ignoring for acting improper). Like they thought that I'm stubborn because I'm just stupid and rude and tried to put me in my place. Now I have something like severe impostor syndrome. I don't really know who I am and what I want.