Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Stifled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2022, 3:11 pm

Hi I’m new here. I’m not a very social person sometimes I feel undersocialized a bit since Covid I’m only around my fiancé and parents. I only hold down jobs for a few weeks at a time and I’ve been out of work for 4 months I start a new job this week.

I feel irritable often about the injustice in society particularly the USA since that’s where I live but everywhere too at times. I stopped watching the news due to being severely irritated all the time.

But in general I feel like I’m on edge daily. I’m afraid to leave my house because of having a meltdown in public like I did today basically it was a mini meltdown but still embarrassing.

Today my mom drove me to the store and during self check out the machine stopped and kept pinging and saying associate needed but we had to wait like 10 mins for an associate because they only had two people, fine, but the lady was being rude with me and my mom and I just shouted you can stop talking now. I don’t like when I get that upset I was shaking and shallow breathing I just wanted to leave the stuff and go.

For the past couple years things have felt so much harder I’m 35 now and I don’t feel in control of my emotions and I’ve been through therapy and DBT but the skills don’t reduce my stress levels and I don’t respond well to upset, aggressive, rude people.

Does anyone else experience this or similar, has anything helped? :oops: :oops:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 5:20 pm

I bet many people here have had similar experiences.

Stifled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2022, 7:19 pm

Thanks, sometimes it feels like I’m the only one and I just suck a being human. I just want to be less sensitive to abrasive people because it negatively affects me but idk how.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:36 pm

Sweet Pea hugs