Lots to do, but don't feel like it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm

Not sure if just being lazy, maybe a bit depressed ?, or lingering effects of having just had covid and just being a little on the tired side.

Definitely lots to do.. basics like water plants, clean car, clean bathroom etc, go get a haircut, grocery shopping, do my overdue taxes, sort clothes & other possessions and bag up tons of stuff I never wear/use and donate it to a homeless shelter or thrift store, sharpen my tools, glue the sole of my motorcycle boot that's coming apart a bit etc etc normal to-do list stuff, really.

But so far I've done approx F all all morning and don't feel that motivated to do accomplish all that much tbh. I definitely do have to go get a haircut at bare minimum as I'm working at the front door of a major party tonight and don't wanna look like I need a haircut. Should be quite the party, too. First one in nearly 1,000 days due to covid and ALL of the presale tickets sold out early (unheard of in Vancouver - everyone is so last minute.. people buy tix day of or at the door for so many parties it drives party promoters mad not knowing if they're going to have 150 or 500 people show up lol) and there are only 50 tix at the door first come first serve. It's the first 'bikinis boardshorts or less dance party,' in nearly 3 years due to covid. Should be a good time.. I know the body painters are back, and I know Tim was trying to find a guitar soloist to play a solo between DJ's. Next party is already booked for late November and he's going to have a few live drummers from the beach back again - that was one of my faves.. the beat of the drums over EDM from the DJ's was pure aural sex. 8)

Anyways, now I'm feeling kinda stoked on working the party tonight and it's put me in a better mood to maybe get my ass in gear and get a few things done today before it's time to rip into town for the partay. I also wanna go early and chat with a guy I only know on Facebook who works a few kms away about asking him to introduce me to a famous DTES artist that I want to commission a painting from for my twin brother's 40th birthday gift as there's a certain city scene he wants painted by this dude to hang on the wall in his and his wife's new place they're about to move into.

Hmmm, guess I'll start with watering the plants - I know it's getting late in the season.. but def not gonna get any peppers from my pepper plants if I don't even water them. Kinda hoping the flowers turn to peppers before the weather turns to.. not sunny. We've got a week or so of sunny weather coming right up right now, so, maaaaybe..

Then since I'll get home Late tonight, I'll likely sleep in tmw. Maybe pick a few more things to do and do them around home, maybe go to the beach for sunset. Monday's been reserved to go for an all day motorcycle ride - possibly into Washington state to Mount Baker or Leavenworth or something. Guess I gotta make sure that poop 'arrivecan' app works on my phone before Monday just in case we dip across the line and go riding in mph instead of kmh.

/random.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Sep 2022, 5:18 pm

It's the same way for me rite now. We'll be leaving in a couple days to visit my parents & we'll be gone till about the middle of next month. We haven't seen my parents in 4 years due to various reasons; Cass's health issues, us moving, deaths in her family, Cvoid restrictions & concerns. There's lots of things I should be doing to get ready & packed but lots of things feel like it would be easier to do em the night before we leave but that would be waaay too much to do then. I can be a good strategist sometimes & it helps to plan an order in my head based on priority & what's more practical & efficient. My downside is that I tend to procrastinate at home & I'll put things off till they really can not wait any longer. 1ce I get started doing a chore, I'd rather just stay at it till it's all finished & then put it off again for as long a possible. I'm a lot better in a workplace setting, 1ce something's finished I'll look or ask for more to do. I think there's too many distractions at home & most chores are not an immediate need.

I hope you had fun at the party.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 5:34 pm

Yeah, I tend to put things off until I Have To do them even if they're things I'd Like to have completed and out of the way. Kinda stupid.

Ended up watering plants, 1/2 cleaning my bathroom, going to a tanning place for a quick bit of UV and vitamin D, got a haircut, got ready for the party and went.

See my other thread - party was fun.