Did you have trouble with wearing masks? (not social masks)

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

How well were you able to wear a cloth mask over the last few years?
I had no issue wearing a cloth mask. 40%  40%  [ 12 ]
I had great issue wearing a cloth mask predominantly sensory related. (having fabric on your face) 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
I wore it sometimes and it bothered me off and on. 37%  37%  [ 11 ]
It caused me severe mental distressed up to and including meltdowns. 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
I did not wear a mask during this time. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Sep 2022, 3:01 pm

Ettina wrote:
nick007 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I read that even a cold can lead to deadly complications such sepsis. And pneumonia, of course. But I think that's mostly in people who are elderly or have immunity disorders. But you could be incubating the virus and not know you have it yet, and end up giving it to someone with those conditions, and then they die and you basically murdered them. So wear your masks and wash your hands, even if you feel fine.
I believe that people deserve the right & freedom to make their own choices regrading their personal health. The people who are worried about viruses deserve the right to wear a mask, practice social distanceing, & should be able to get free health care if they chose to do so. The people who do not like wearing masks deserve the right & freedom to not wear one if they chose. It's pathetic that people want to force their own beleifs & way of life onto each other instead of letting people live how they want to live in peace. It's like how NTs bully Aspies for not being normal & Aspies thinking that they are superior to NTs & that Aspies should run the world.

You're not asking for the right to make choices regarding your personal health. You're asking for the right to make choices regarding my personal health. If you don't want to mask, stay TF away from people so you're not forcing them to be exposed to risks they haven't consented to. Don't whine that people are mad about you willfully and selfishly endangering them.
If your so concerened about your personal health, you should stay away from people instead of telling me what to do. Take some responsibility for yourself instead of making me responsible for your health

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:04 pm

Pro: could smile all day with it on because my smile would otherwise creep people out

Con: couldn't breathe properly and would fog up my glasses

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 7:02 pm

Ettina wrote:
nick007 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I read that even a cold can lead to deadly complications such sepsis. And pneumonia, of course. But I think that's mostly in people who are elderly or have immunity disorders. But you could be incubating the virus and not know you have it yet, and end up giving it to someone with those conditions, and then they die and you basically murdered them. So wear your masks and wash your hands, even if you feel fine.
I believe that people deserve the right & freedom to make their own choices regrading their personal health. The people who are worried about viruses deserve the right to wear a mask, practice social distanceing, & should be able to get free health care if they chose to do so. The people who do not like wearing masks deserve the right & freedom to not wear one if they chose. It's pathetic that people want to force their own beleifs & way of life onto each other instead of letting people live how they want to live in peace. It's like how NTs bully Aspies for not being normal & Aspies thinking that they are superior to NTs & that Aspies should run the world.

You're not asking for the right to make choices regarding your personal health. You're asking for the right to make choices regarding my personal health. If you don't want to mask, stay TF away from people so you're not forcing them to be exposed to risks they haven't consented to. Don't whine that people are mad about you willfully and selfishly endangering them.

Just want to highlight how illogical this post is. They think that a person on the internet far away is impacting their health. If you don't put a piece of fabric on your face you should have no contact with other humans? If you do go near people without fabric on your face you are forcing them to get sick? Ridiculous. Asymptomatic transmission is not a thing, which is what all of this is based on. If you are sick stay home- that makes sense. Stop treating people as if they are some walking biohazard that is going to kill everyone around them unless they do as you and the other branch covidians say.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 10:20 pm

If people are ordered to wear masks again, I'm not going to wear one. I'm tired of masks. I want people to see my face and my smile.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2022, 5:02 am

liveandletdie wrote:
Ettina wrote:

Just want to highlight how illogical this post is. They think that a person on the internet far away is impacting their health. If you don't put a piece of fabric on your face you should have no contact with other humans? If you do go near people without fabric on your face you are forcing them to get sick? Ridiculous. Asymptomatic transmission is not a thing, which is what all of this is based on. If you are sick stay home- that makes sense. Stop treating people as if they are some walking biohazard that is going to kill everyone around them unless they do as you and the other branch covidians say.
Anxiety & fear are not always logical. Political & media hype can make it hard to tell the difference between an actual imminent threat or one that is exaggerated. I'm NOT saying that Covid is not a real threat to some people but we should not be rushing for snake oil protection.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2022, 12:32 pm

I was disappointed when the mask mandate ENDED. If ever there was a sense of anonymity in public, it was during the mask mandates. I doubled up on masking even BEFORE the CDC recommended this. I doubled up for extra protection against the Rona. However, I found another benefit: anonymity. It created a "barrier" between me and other people. Kind of like being hidden from them while around them. I really liked this.

I'm not a shy person. I'm very outspoken, forward and give good eye contact. Nevertheless, the mask made me feel less noticed, which is what I want when I want it.

I don't need to see a person's mouth or nose when I interact with them. Though some people DO need this due to auditory processing disorder or hearing impairment, the vast majority of people don't have these conditions. Yet many complained they couldn't see a person's entire face.

This complaint inspired the production of see-through (plastic) masks, which I think were ridiculous and a sign of being too people-needy. The really weird thing is that the people who "need" to see another person's mouth, nose and chin will hardly even look there in conversation anyways (most people hold eye contact, not mouth/nose contact). So what was the purpose of those absurd see-through masks for all the NTs who used them?

Maybe they wanted OTHERS to see THEIR mouth and nose? Now THAT'S ego-driven! Maybe they couldn't bare that nobody could see their nose ring or tongue piercing? Damn.

Most mouths are ugly; bad lips, cold sores, chapped lips, blemishes around the mouth, bad teeth, too much gum tissue showing, grey gums, yuck, yuck, yuck. I welcomed the mask mandate! I didn't have to mask with my mask on! Meaning, nobody knew I WASN'T smiling when I would've been expected to had there been no mask mandate.