First party in nearly 1,000 days.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 4:47 pm

And it was BANGIN'! 8)

Pretty much sold out and people came early. DJ's were FIRE and the constant stream of half naked people dancing on the stage straight across from the front door was EPIC. Didn't bother going and checking out the other room with a different DJ setup besides pre-party getting painted up complete w/ stencil of our recently departed friend, Mark Woken. Def helped set the vibe with his smiley face presence on several of us. 8) He'd have been at the party for sure, so obvs we had to have him there in body paint form. (credit to Francois for the idea, stencil, & paint. although the rest of my paint was done by artist Craig Mutch)

After party was organized by Scotty and held at some mansion in the British Properties (hoity toity area of West Vancouver) & had several party bus limos taking people there. $65 cover charge for what would essentially be a swingers/fetish/orgy party until 6am. Meh, not my style. Cool crowd and all, just not my style - drove home and showered off the paint and got some sleep instead.

I think I'm gonna get organized and go for a motorcycle ride, pick up some $ owed to me out in the valley, then turn right around and rip to the beach and chill with the homies til sunset. Shouldn't stay too late for a fire, should sleep tonight - probably doing an all day motorcycle trip tmw. 8)

Hope y'all are wasting your weekends with as much or more fun! :mrgreen:

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:33 pm

I went to church twice and rested in between :D
Slight contrast to your weekend

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 8:06 pm

I was on WP the whole weekend. You look great in that pic, BTW.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 3:30 pm

No motorcycle day trip today. :/ Went to ride yesterday and some mystery fluid was on my rear tire. Internet says it's shaft drive fluid. I knew enough not to ride it so put it away and drove my car. Now I gotta find out who can fix it for what cost and if I gotta have it towed to a shop.

Such is life; gotta pay to play! Kinda sucks I missed out on today's ride, though. I saw my brother posted a pic up Mount Baker somewhere - I've never been there before. Would have been a scenic ride for sure!

Ah well, doing laundry, washing dishes, making a couple calls about the bike and then maybe I'll drive to the beach later. Maybe I'll bag up a bunch of clothes and drop them off at a shelter or something, too. Lots of useless stuff taking up space and if I get rid of one bag at a time eventually I'll have it whittled down to the clothes I actually wear and things I actually use.

But not gonna get toooooo carried away with cleaning and sorting today - there'll be plenty of cloudy rainy days for that soon enough. May as well get to the beach sooner rather than later - just gotta get a few things done at least so I haven't wasted my whole day sleeping in (covid fatigue still I think) and doing nada.