Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 8:50 pm

Scooter-riding NYC gunmen shoot four people, 1 fatally, in broad daylight

Quote:
Four people were shot — one fatally — by a pair of gunmen on a scooter in a broad-daylight attack in Queens on Sunday, cops said.

The suspects fired at the victims around 1:30 p.m. in front of 95-23 41st Ave. in Elmhurst, police said.

The fatal victim, a 28-year-old man, was reportedly riddled with bullets. According to the NYPD, he was shot multiple times throughout the body and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The three other victims were taken to Elmhurst Hospital in stable condition.

It wasn’t immediately clear if all of the men were the intended targets.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 12:14 am

I hate those rental scooters. They're a menace even when not being ridden by a shooter.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 12:27 am

I think it's a stretch that they call these sorts of things "mass shootings" as if they are in the same category as attacks like in Uvalde, Texas or Buffalo, NY. I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of drive-bys and other gang violence, but it's not like a whole school full of children were ever at risk or a theater full of guest.

The use of a two man crew on a scooter does give it a bit of a São Paulo feel though...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 6:00 am

In the UK there was a spate of acid attacks from scooters
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/worl ... ttack.html