President Joe Biden: "The Pandemic is Over"

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:25 pm

My old teacher died from Covid and she was both fully vaccinated and in good health.

Me and my mom and brother also had covid despite being fully vaccinated, my mom had it twice even.

I don't trust what anyone tells me about covid anymore. :|

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:38 pm

Biden: The pandemic is over.
Covid: We'll see about that. :twisted:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 11:06 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
My old teacher died from Covid and she was both fully vaccinated and in good health.

Me and my mom and brother also had covid despite being fully vaccinated, my mom had it twice even.

The vaccine is more like the annual flu vaccine than it is like the polio vaccine. You can't fully vaccinate against some types of viruses. It's about reducing the odds of severe disease. It can't completely prevent it.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 11:22 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

The vaccine is more like the annual flu vaccine than it is like the polio vaccine. You can't fully vaccinate against some types of viruses. It's about reducing the odds of severe disease. It can't completely prevent it.

Yeah. I thought it was/is insane how a large portion of people thought and acted like the vaccine gave them total immunity.

Of course, many people in positions of power/influence were basically telling them that and most people are incapable of thinking for themselves. Plus, virology is a tricky subject and most people seem to have at best a shaky grasp of germ theory.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 2:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
rationale ?

You're setting the bar a bit high here :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 4:08 am

Dox47 wrote:
I wonder if he realizes this removes the rationale for his student loan forgiveness program?

No, it doesn't. The rationale for student loan forgiveness is current and future people who take out student loans vote.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I wonder if he realizes this removes the rationale for his student loan forgiveness program?

No, it doesn't. The rationale for student loan forgiveness is current and future people who take out student loans vote.

I believe Dox is referring to the legal reasoning under which Biden claimed to have authority to take the action on his own, without a law change or vote from congress. Remember that the later is the norm: congress makes the laws, not the president. The student loan action would normally not be under the president's purview, unless it qualifies under certain exceptions, and the exception used related to pandemic emergency powers, if I have the details right.

Dox, didn't he take the student loan action before declaring the pandemic over? So under his theory I think it still works, assuming one believes the exception ever applied at all.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:16 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I believe Dox is referring to the legal reasoning under which Biden claimed to have authority to take the action on his own, without a law change or vote from congress. Remember that the later is the norm: congress makes the laws, not the president. The student loan action would normally not be under the president's purview, unless it qualifies under certain exceptions, and the exception used related to pandemic emergency powers, if I have the details right.

Dox, didn't he take the student loan action before declaring the pandemic over? So under his theory I think it still works, assuming one believes the exception ever applied at all.

He was and I am saying the pandemic being "over" is or always was a secondary concern

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman