Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 11:58 am

When I used to go out they changed the bus home. There was no internet and no-one thought to ask at the bus station.

So we couldn't get the bus, then it turned into a bit of a nightmare where you had to make sure you got a taxi with two or three other people.

We were all totally wasted so it all happened randomly. I heard that sometimes some people had to walk ten miles back home...I don't know how they did it, if that was a true story.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 2:17 pm

Caz72 wrote:
they didnt go into clubbing in the end.i dont know why.tgey ended up getting a short bus ride to the promenade at the seaside and went into some sort of nightclub there that was for over 13

Nothing like that exists here. Teenagers only have the option of house parties, bush parties if they’re in a rural area, or raves if there are any illegal underground parties going on where no one checks ID etc and while I’d imagine they’d be fun my guess is they’d be quite dangerous for developing brains in terms of substance use.

Not sure what a teenaged night club might look like.. hmm, maybe like the legal after hours places that are open until 6 or 9am that don’t serve alcohol but everyone is drunk and/or f****d up on drugs.

I just can’t imagine a place like that opening up for 13-18 being anything but a magnate for drug dealers, sexual assaults, and fights.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 2:18 pm

If he looks young he'll get asked for his ID and told to leave. Same thing happened to me when I was young. Nothing bad happens in the end.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm

Never have been clubbing and only once ever went into a night club as a lady wanted me to accompany her to see a Christian band as she did not want to go alone.
Very rarely have I been to a pub apart from the occasional rare treat of a mid day meal.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 3:01 pm

I was never interested in youth clubs myself, I always wanted the real thing but as I was far too young looking to get into most places I would end up in really rough places where you'd knock on the door, a doorman would look through a spyhole and then if he liked the look of you he'd let you in.

I think if I had a 17 year old son I'd feel safe knowing that he's at the youth club on the pier.

I know that probably sounds a bit fallacious but it's just psychological really.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 4:53 pm

babybird wrote:
I was never interested in youth clubs myself, I always wanted the real thing but as I was far too young looking to get into most places I would end up in really rough places where you'd knock on the door, a doorman would look through a spyhole and then if he liked the look of you he'd let you in.

I think if I had a 17 year old son I'd feel safe knowing that he's at the youth club on the pier.

I know that probably sounds a bit fallacious but it's just psychological really.

i did go clubbing all the time from age 18 to age 30 but that was not just something to do with friends it was because i was a homeless alcoholic and a sex object used by men to get me money for food and clothes oh yes and drink and drugs

but now that my husband has left me my son is all i have in this world and i would be devastated if anything was to happen to him but he knows that and promises he wont go down the same road i did

he has a job in a pet store because he wants to go to university and train to be a vet

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:38 am

You're a good mum Caz72. He sounds like a really nice young man. You've done well.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:39 pm

babybird wrote:
You're a good mum Caz72. He sounds like a really nice young man. You've done well.

thank u babybird

when i was his age my mum kicked me out with nowhere to go which done me no good
i would never do that to my son he can stay with me for as long as he likes i would never make him homeless

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 4:32 am

Caz72 wrote:
babybird wrote:

thank u babybird

when i was his age my mum kicked me out with nowhere to go which done me no good
i would never do that to my son he can stay with me for as long as he likes i would never make him homeless

I'm exactly the same with my daughter.