Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

I can't do the other test because it only has yes or no answers and this is the sort of thing that isn't just a yes or no for me. It can depend on the environment, my mood, my company, the time of year, what I'm doing, etc, etc.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:17 pm

Yes those tests are very limited aren't they!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I can't do the other test because it only has yes or no answers and this is the sort of thing that isn't just a yes or no for me. It can depend on the environment, my mood, my company, the time of year, what I'm doing, etc, etc.

I hate this problem. The questions are almost always written without enough nuance, so I tend to default to if at all, yes otherwise no.

Hopefully that's the expectation and isn't leading to overly extreme evaluations.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:53 pm

I always end up clicking on "sometimes" or "never" unless there is an absolute definite option that suits me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:57 pm

I wonder how the scores would differ if someone did them on your behalf. Like an objective viewpoint.

I'm not suggesting that we should do that by the way

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:27 am

I don't know anyone to give me an objective viewpoint anyway! I don't know anyone.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:39 am

babybird wrote:
I always end up clicking on "sometimes" or "never" unless there is an absolute definite option that suits me.

I pick the nuanced options when they're available; when they're not I assume 'yes' means 'if you've ever'.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:07 am

It's weird because I scored low on this test but I would usually score high on the aspd ones but low again on the narcissistic tests.

It does all depend on the detail in the questions. The only reason I score high for aspd is because they ask a lot of questions about childhood. If they didn't I'd probably score low.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 3:37 pm

I score low on any narcissist test. I know I'm not a narcissist, my ego is too low. I have anxiety and ADHD (oh and regrettably some form of ASS, which stands for Autism Spectrum s**t), so, you know.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 10:12 am

Just to point out some facts on NPD:

'It's long been established that there are two types of narcissists: "vulnerable" ones, who have low self-esteem and crave affirmation, and "grandiose" ones, who have a genuinely overinflated sense of self.'

'The research team suggests vulnerable types are the true narcissists, because they don't seek power or dominance, but rather affirmation and attention that elevate their status and image in the minds of others.'

Source:
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... themselves

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 10:18 am

^ So Trump is in the grandiose category then.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 10:21 am

In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 10:52 am

Where_am_I wrote:
In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.

I suppose it makes sense as they need to make other people feel like s**t in order to feel good about themselves.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:02 am

babybird wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:

I suppose it makes sense as they need to make other people feel like s**t in order to feel good about themselves.

Trump always defends himself by making personal attacks on those who disagree with him. So maybe a psycho?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:16 am

Yeah typical narcissist. It's kind of a childish way to behave.

I'm quite bad for saying I'm sorry when I don't mean it though. Just to put an end to something. So I don't know if that's just as bad in a way.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 11:29 am

Where_am_I wrote:

That's clearer, anyway. I think both of them are fairly charming- at first until you get to know them.