Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,344
Location: UK

20 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

I can't do the other test because it only has yes or no answers and this is the sort of thing that isn't just a yes or no for me. It can depend on the environment, my mood, my company, the time of year, what I'm doing, etc, etc.


_________________
Female
Aged 32

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic


KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,213
Location: England

20 Sep 2022, 12:17 pm

Yes those tests are very limited aren't they!


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

20 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I can't do the other test because it only has yes or no answers and this is the sort of thing that isn't just a yes or no for me. It can depend on the environment, my mood, my company, the time of year, what I'm doing, etc, etc.


I hate this problem. The questions are almost always written without enough nuance, so I tend to default to if at all, yes otherwise no.

Hopefully that's the expectation and isn't leading to overly extreme evaluations.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

20 Sep 2022, 12:53 pm

I always end up clicking on "sometimes" or "never" unless there is an absolute definite option that suits me.


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

20 Sep 2022, 12:57 pm

I wonder how the scores would differ if someone did them on your behalf. Like an objective viewpoint.

I'm not suggesting that we should do that by the way


_________________
We have existence


KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,213
Location: England

21 Sep 2022, 8:27 am

I don't know anyone to give me an objective viewpoint anyway! I don't know anyone.


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

21 Sep 2022, 8:39 am

babybird wrote:
I always end up clicking on "sometimes" or "never" unless there is an absolute definite option that suits me.


I pick the nuanced options when they're available; when they're not I assume 'yes' means 'if you've ever'.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

21 Sep 2022, 9:07 am

It's weird because I scored low on this test but I would usually score high on the aspd ones but low again on the narcissistic tests.

It does all depend on the detail in the questions. The only reason I score high for aspd is because they ask a lot of questions about childhood. If they didn't I'd probably score low.


_________________
We have existence


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,344
Location: UK

21 Sep 2022, 3:37 pm

I score low on any narcissist test. I know I'm not a narcissist, my ego is too low. I have anxiety and ADHD (oh and regrettably some form of ASS, which stands for Autism Spectrum s**t), so, you know.


_________________
Female
Aged 32

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,197

22 Sep 2022, 10:12 am

Just to point out some facts on NPD:

'It's long been established that there are two types of narcissists: "vulnerable" ones, who have low self-esteem and crave affirmation, and "grandiose" ones, who have a genuinely overinflated sense of self.'

'The research team suggests vulnerable types are the true narcissists, because they don't seek power or dominance, but rather affirmation and attention that elevate their status and image in the minds of others.'

Source:
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... themselves


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Radish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2022
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,836
Location: UK

22 Sep 2022, 10:18 am

^ So Trump is in the grandiose category then.


_________________
This space intentionally left blank.


Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,197

22 Sep 2022, 10:21 am

In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

22 Sep 2022, 10:52 am

Where_am_I wrote:
In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.


I suppose it makes sense as they need to make other people feel like s**t in order to feel good about themselves.


_________________
We have existence


Radish
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2022
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,836
Location: UK

22 Sep 2022, 11:02 am

babybird wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.


I suppose it makes sense as they need to make other people feel like s**t in order to feel good about themselves.


Trump always defends himself by making personal attacks on those who disagree with him. So maybe a psycho?


_________________
This space intentionally left blank.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 49,745
Location: UK

22 Sep 2022, 11:16 am

Yeah typical narcissist. It's kind of a childish way to behave.

I'm quite bad for saying I'm sorry when I don't mean it though. Just to put an end to something. So I don't know if that's just as bad in a way.


_________________
We have existence


KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,213
Location: England

22 Sep 2022, 11:29 am

Where_am_I wrote:
In the article it says grandiose one's are actually psychopaths - not NPD. The ones with low self esteem are the true narcissists.


That's clearer, anyway. I think both of them are fairly charming- at first until you get to know them.


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.