China declares no touching foreigners

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:57 pm

Worthless wrote:
I honesty would have been surprised if there wasn't a thriving black market for other SE asian women in PRC, such as from Thailand and Vietnam.

There are human traffickers making a lot of money abducting and buying young girls from Vietnam, Northern Thailand and Burma. The market is due to the disproportionate number of men in china after the One child policy where girls were aborted. Programs such as Vice have bought attention to this issue but getting journalists into these zones is not only problematic but highly dangerous (for example the golden triangle between Thailand and Burma is controlled by armed militia who supply much of the world's drug trade with the support of the CCP who get their cut of the profits). A side business here is the supply of young Burmese and Thai girls from the hill tribes who are basically vulnerable and have no choice in the matter.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Worthless wrote:
CCP sure does love genocide, especially in areas they consider "historically chinese". At least in Tibet they didn't do these mass intermittents in camps.

There is a strange dichotomy in that the Han consider themselves superior to all the other South east asian peoples but concurrently claim they are historically Chinese. That of course is a lie.

Almost every country in the orbit of China - Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines were all hindu (and subsequently Buddhist) kingdoms with Indian or part-Indian kings. Infact the British referred to the entire region as Indo-China acknowledging the Indian cultural roots of all of these ancient kingdoms. China is in the business of re-writing their own history as what is now southern China was also in the orbit of the hinduised kingdoms. The Han erased all archaeological evidence of southern China's hindu past but one can see it in the food which is hot and spicy as per virtually every other south east Asian country.

All the spices used in asian cooking today are derived from southern India. There is even contraversial evidence that tea (thought to be Chinese) might have evolved from plants grown in the highlands of India, The word "Chai" is actually used for tea in India and pertains to a spicy concoction not found in China.

Dictatorships love rewriting history. PRC is obviously no exception. It's appauling how much was destroyed by moa say dung and his followers; especially durring the "destruction of the four olds" as part of the cultural revolution. It's the same behavior as ISIL destroying relics and antiquities in the middle east.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:26 pm

Worthless wrote:
Dictatorships love rewriting history. PRC is obviously no exception. It's appauling how much was destroyed by moa say dung and his followers; especially durring the "destruction of the four olds" as part of the cultural revolution. It's the same behavior as ISIL destroying relics and antiquities in the middle east.

Till the islamic invasion of India, the kingdoms that ruled were recognised as the most advanced and wealthiest in the entire planet. Even after the islamic invasions, Chinese and Portuguese travellers who arrived into the last hindu strongholds in the south of India were dazzled by the fabulous wealth and advanced cities built by the last hindu kingdom of Vijayanagara.
Then the British drained everything of value from India.

It's pertinent to remember when The Spanish funded Columbus's ventures their goal was to find a shortcut to India and access to the wealth of that region,

Judging from the recent attacks in America on Indian people there is a perception that Indians are poor and dirty. It's also a stereotype perpetuated in China who see India as an adversary. This is what happens when you erase history.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Worthless wrote:
I honesty would have been surprised if there wasn't a thriving black market for other SE asian women in PRC, such as from Thailand and Vietnam.

There are human traffickers making a lot of money abducting and buying young girls from Vietnam, Northern Thailand and Burma. The market is due to the disproportionate number of men in china after the One child policy where girls were aborted. Programs such as Vice have bought attention to this issue but getting journalists into these zones is not only problematic but highly dangerous (for example the golden triangle between Thailand and Burma is controlled by armed militia who supply much of the world's drug trade with the support of the CCP who get their cut of the profits). A side business here is the supply of young Burmese and Thai girls from the hill tribes who are basically vulnerable and have no choice in the matter.

Yeah, that area in unfortunately rife with human trafficking, mostly for sexual slavery. China is far from the only destination though. Many of the victims end up being forced to work in "massage parlors" in the west (europe, US, etc.). Fortunately, there does seem to be increasing awareness and some action in the west, but I am not sure the same can be said about the PRC. They certainly are known for looking the other way on a lot of horrible things, simply because of money.

cyberdad wrote:
Worthless wrote:

Till the islamic invasion of India, the kingdoms that ruled were recognised as the most advanced and wealthiest in the entire planet. Even after the islamic invasions, Chinese and Portuguese travellers who arrived into the last hindu strongholds in the south of India were dazzled by the fabulous wealth and advanced cities built by the last hindu kingdom of Vijayanagara.
Then the British drained everything of value from India.

It's pertinent to remember when The Spanish funded Columbus's ventures their goal was to find a shortcut to India and access to the wealth of that region,

Judging from the recent attacks in America on Indian people there is a perception that Indians are poor and dirty. It's also a stereotype perpetuated in China who see India as an adversary. This is what happens when you erase history.

Ironically, some of the most well known things in modern India are from the islamic invasion, much of it from the Mughal Empire, such as the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort and large parts of modern India's culture.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:02 pm

Tourists should not be touched, you don’t know where they’ve been. :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm

Good idea! Maybe they'll stop spending their money there and thus quit helping to support the CCP? :thumleft:

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:32 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Good idea! Maybe they'll stop spending their money there and thus quit helping to support the CCP? :thumleft:

I think tourism pails in comparison to industry in terms of their income from foreigners. It's hard to buy things NOT made in china. They are also doing a lot of development and infrastructure work in developing nations, especially in Africa. Much of that work is being done on payment plans, thus trapping those countries in debt to the CCP.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:34 pm

Worthless wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I think tourism pails in comparison to industry in terms of their income from foreigners. It's hard to buy things NOT made in china. They are also doing a lot of development and infrastructure work in developing nations, especially in Africa. Much of that work is being done on payment plans, thus trapping those countries in debt to the CCP.

Yes I know. It really sucks doesnt it?

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:49 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Worthless wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Yes I know. It really sucks doesnt it?

Yup. I honestly don't know what sucks most, funding the CCP, the loss of domestic manufacturing (including manufacturing jobs and all the countless support jobs), or the typically extremely chincy nature of most chinese products. Their systemic theft of Intellectual Property is one of the reasons why I genuinely do not understand the thinking of many of these western companies in outsourcing their manufacturing to the PRC.

They also love to make dangerous fakes of everything from medical equipment to food. Thankfully CCP at least pretends to care about some of that. I believe they ended up exicuting some of the people who have sold poisonous fake "milk" domestically within PRC.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:25 pm

Believe me I don't get the thinking of Western corporations that have sold their souls to the CCP either. They're really destroying their own countries back home making them poorer and more jobless just so they can enrich the pockets of a rich few elites by selling out to China, and nobody really wants to acknowledge this.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:35 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Believe me I don't get the thinking of Western corporations that have sold their souls to the CCP either. They're really destroying their own countries back home making them poorer and more jobless just so they can enrich the pockets of a rich few elites by selling out to China, and nobody really wants to acknowledge this.

The US ones also claim to not to be US companies for tax purposes, yet come running expectently for those US fed bucks whenever it is bailout season or whenever they can find some grant money or what ever other means they use to grift off of US tax dollars. I'm sure it's the same in other western countries.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:47 pm

The US is pretty much an oligarchy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:04 pm

Worthless wrote:
They are also doing a lot of development and infrastructure work in developing nations, especially in Africa. Much of that work is being done on payment plans, thus trapping those countries in debt to the CCP.

This model that leads to debt traps is simply copying the modus operandi of European multinational corporations. Major infrastructure projects created wealth for the MNCs. Swiss bank accounts for corrupted/bribed leaders and ultimately white elephants that attracted so much debt that the countries involved declared banktrupticies. Concessions through land/natural resources and cheap labour were then paid as substitution.

This is the model the CCP are using. It's tried and tested.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Pretty sure white tourists and businessmen are still going to massage parlours. The edict is for the Africans.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Pretty sure white tourists and businessmen are still going to massage parlours. The edict is for the Africans.

We have white tourists and the No Touch rule applies.
At least I abide by it.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Worthless wrote:
They are also doing a lot of development and infrastructure work in developing nations, especially in Africa. Much of that work is being done on payment plans, thus trapping those countries in debt to the CCP.

This model that leads to debt traps is simply copying the modus operandi of European multinational corporations. Major infrastructure projects created wealth for the MNCs. Swiss bank accounts for corrupted/bribed leaders and ultimately white elephants that attracted so much debt that the countries involved declared banktrupticies. Concessions through land/natural resources and cheap labour were then paid as substitution.

This is the model the CCP are using. It's tried and tested.

Sadly, a lot of Africans don't realize that is what's happening. Many of them have this false notion that somehow china is different and isn't taking them to the cleaners. Many of my old coworkers would talk favorably about china in regard to its infrastructure work in their home countries. Many of them would even say that the west just tries to take advantage of Africa and use it, but china treats them as equals. Sadly, I fear that they will realize that they are being conned again far too late. China also tends to do these projects completely in house so to speak in that they only use their imported chinese laborers and tend not to do any sort of sub contracting. They basically act like the local economy does not exist when they are building these things.