China declares no touching foreigners

Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I certainly hope not!

She actually looks like she's being starved by her captors. Her eyes look vacant. She looks like she might be on drugs. Something's not right about her.

So, she looks like a fashion model? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:58 am

One of the most popular models in China is actually Uygher, named Delireba

Despite being locked up in concentration camps, Uygher women are now becoming high demand for modelling, singing and acting as their "eurasian" appearance is highly popular with the Han. Let's hope it doesn't lead to trafficking.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I certainly hope not!

She actually looks like she's being starved by her captors. Her eyes look vacant. She looks like she might be on drugs. Something's not right about her.

So, she looks like a fashion model? :lol:

IKR, it's par for the course

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:06 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
But in ancient times the pentagram was actually a religious symbol used by both 'pagans' (iow non-Christian religions like the worship of the Greek and Roman pantheons) and early Christians who saw it as less a symbol for devil worship and more a symbol for the 5 wounds of Christ.

It is amazing how innocent symbols get appropriated by sinister groups and made into something different e.g. the swastika, I'm sure you know the history of that symbol.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:07 am

You know what I just realized? China 'forcing' Uyghurs to convert to this. You know? Making women model, forcing then ti eat pork and drink alcohol, etc.

That's really no different from what European colonists in all corners of the Americas did to the indigenous people who were living here first. Putting them in these boarding schools that were not much different from the concentration camps etc. A sort of "join us or die!" stance on conversion for both America and China.

So I guess we in the Americas are quick to judge China for something we ourselves are all just as guilty of which is the ultimate irony and probably why so many people are cynically not giving a damn about what China is doing.

I still say what China is doing to their Uyghur population is wrong though. But hey? Who am I, an American, to judge? Right? :shrug:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:09 am

Most humans do the same things to other humans over the centuries. We haven't evolved.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:11 am

The look of many fashion models carries no appeal for me. Especially if one knows what they have to go through to attain that "look."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:12 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
You know what I just realized? China 'forcing' Uyghurs to convert to this. You know? Making women model, forcing then ti eat pork and drink alcohol, etc.:

I think they just figured they don't need to import foreign "white looking" people when they can just abduct their own Eurasian minorities from the north/west of China.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The look of many fashion models carries no appeal for me. Especially if one knows what they have to go through to attain that "look."

No pain no gain...

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:13 am

KitLily wrote:

It is amazing how innocent symbols get appropriated by sinister groups and made into something different e.g. the swastika, I'm sure you know the history of that symbol.

Yes indeed, though I have not read much about it. I'm aware that the swastika was originally a symbol with a more noble meaning (I think it was either hindu or buddhist? I'll have to look it up) that of course got corrupted by the Nazis so now it's been linked to things like racism and nazism when that was never its original meaning.

I also heard that the upside down cross which some people link to devil worship was also originally a Catholic symbol that was used by the Pope I think and had nothing to do with worshipping the devil. I think it's even a symbol that appears on the hat some of the popes wore. Something else I should look up and maybe make a seperate topic about. :)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
You know what I just realized? China 'forcing' Uyghurs to convert to this. You know? Making women model, forcing then ti eat pork and drink alcohol, etc.:

I think they just figured they don't need to import foreign "white looking" people when they can just abduct their own Eurasian minorities from the north/west of China.

Kinda like when white colonists in America abducted Native American women to be their brides before they sent ships for white women back in Europe?

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 4:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Despite being locked up in concentration camps, Uygher women are now becoming high demand for modelling, singing and acting as their "eurasian" appearance is highly popular with the Han. Let's hope it doesn't lead to trafficking.

Unfortunately, I suspect that human trafficking (including sex trafficking) of Uyghur people is already going on. PRC is known for such activities, including the sex trafficking of Korean women from the DPRK. CCP is known for horrendous abuses by security forces as well as other officials, including sexual abuse, both in the camps/detention facilities, as well as in the community.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 5:14 pm

Worthless wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Unfortunately, I suspect that human trafficking (including sex trafficking) of Uyghur people is already going on. PRC is known for such activities, including the sex trafficking of Korean women from the DPRK. CCP is known for horrendous abuses by security forces as well as other officials, including sexual abuse, both in the camps/detention facilities, as well as in the community.

There is a thriving black market for Thai and Vietnamese women in southern China. But it would seem the CCP the women who are surviving these "re-education" camps are being forced to become "Han". I'm afraid it's genocide.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 5:15 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Kinda like when white colonists in America abducted Native American women to be their brides before they sent ships for white women back in Europe?

They did that in Australia too.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 5:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Worthless wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

There is a thriving black market for Thai and Vietnamese women in southern China. But it would seem the CCP the women who are surviving these "re-education" camps are being forced to become "Han". I'm afraid it's genocide.

CCP sure does love genocide, especially in areas they consider "historically chinese". At least in Tibet they didn't do these mass intermittents in camps. But, they certainly have/are doing all sorts of other things there like encouraging the mass relocation of Han people to Tibet in order to change the demographics to be significantly more Han.

I honesty would have been surprised if there wasn't a thriving black market for other SE asian women in PRC, such as from Thailand and Vietnam.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:50 pm

Worthless wrote:
CCP sure does love genocide, especially in areas they consider "historically chinese". At least in Tibet they didn't do these mass intermittents in camps.

There is a strange dichotomy in that the Han consider themselves superior to all the other South east asian peoples but concurrently claim they are historically Chinese. That of course is a lie.

Almost every country in the orbit of China - Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines were all hindu (and subsequently Buddhist) kingdoms with Indian or part-Indian kings. Infact the British referred to the entire region as Indo-China acknowledging the Indian cultural roots of all of these ancient kingdoms. China is in the business of re-writing their own history as what is now southern China was also in the orbit of the hinduised kingdoms. The Han erased all archaeological evidence of southern China's hindu past but one can see it in the food which is hot and spicy as per virtually every other south east Asian country.

All the spices used in asian cooking today are derived from southern India. There is even contraversial evidence that tea (thought to be Chinese) might have evolved from plants grown in the highlands of India, The word "Chai" is actually used for tea in India and pertains to a spicy concoction not found in China.