China declares no touching foreigners

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 11:03 pm

Well frankly I don't feel the least bit sorry for the people who refuse to see the CCP for what it really is. That includes the tankies and apologists here in the West who want to see my country burn to the ground and China take over the world because they are under this idiotic notion that China is somehow less evil than the US.

There's a good reason why these kinds of people are called 'useful idiots'. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy too.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:09 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
KitLily wrote:

It is amazing how innocent symbols get appropriated by sinister groups and made into something different e.g. the swastika, I'm sure you know the history of that symbol.

Yes indeed, though I have not read much about it. I'm aware that the swastika was originally a symbol with a more noble meaning (I think it was either hindu or buddhist? I'll have to look it up) that of course got corrupted by the Nazis so now it's been linked to things like racism and nazism when that was never its original meaning.

I also heard that the upside down cross which some people link to devil worship was also originally a Catholic symbol that was used by the Pope I think and had nothing to do with worshipping the devil. I think it's even a symbol that appears on the hat some of the popes wore. Something else I should look up and maybe make a seperate topic about. :)

Yes I think crosses used to be worn upside down on their necklaces so the wearer could lift the cross to look/kiss it and the cross would be the right way like that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:30 am

Worthless wrote:
China also tends to do these projects completely in house so to speak in that they only use their imported chinese laborers and tend not to do any sort of sub contracting. They basically act like the local economy does not exist when they are building these things.

Yes, it's a win win for the CCP and the countries they built it for go into debt to cover the costs. A good example is Sri Lanka whose economy into a sharp down spiral after major Chinese infrastructure projects basically sent the little island bankrupt.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:32 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Well frankly I don't feel the least bit sorry for the people who refuse to see the CCP for what it really is. That includes the tankies and apologists here in the West who want to see my country burn to the ground and China take over the world because they are under this idiotic notion that China is somehow less evil than the US.

There's a good reason why these kinds of people are called 'useful idiots'. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy too.

The common people don't have a say. The corrupt governments accept cash handouts (bribes) in the form of aid which mysteriously end up in private bank accounts in Switzerland.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:34 am

Misslizard wrote:
Tourists should not be touched, you don’t know where they’ve been. :D

Unless they are Scandinavian female tourists

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 6:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

The common people don't have a say. The corrupt governments accept cash handouts (bribes) in the form of aid which mysteriously end up in private bank accounts in Switzerland.

Still though I'm sure some of these people have to be aware of China's long history of human rights violations but are simply choosing to not acknowledge this fact because they hate the West more than they do China.

I'm not defending the West at all though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 12:01 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Still though I'm sure some of these people have to be aware of China's long history of human rights violations but are simply choosing to not acknowledge this fact because they hate the West more than they do China.

I'm not defending the West at all though.

There are multilateral moves being pulled by smaller countries who think by doing business with China they think they are getting a special deal with China and can leverage the US. But they are wrong on both accounts. At least a lot of multinational corps based in the US and Europe are global companies based all over the world. It makes more sense to maintain links with companies based in democratic countries who have certain codes of conduct.

The Chinese companies are run by sock puppets of the CCP. The CCP basically don't care if they plunder the countries they do business with and send them bankrupt, there is a predatory modus operandi here that doesn't seem to nurturing a long term relationship, rather getting the upper hand and forcing their trading partners to become vassal states subservient to their Chinese masters.