Trump, Children sued by New York for Fraud, referred to feds

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:24 pm

:lol:

One of trump's lawyers went on newsmax and said his buildings with the trump name have 'brand value,' in a vague defence of multiplying their values on paper by up to 9x their actual market values.. she also criticized the NY AG for not having a real estate background. Ummm, yeah.. because people with real estate backgrounds will pay 9x the price for a building because it used to say 'trump,' above the entrance.. rent rates and cash flows be damned! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's astounding how stupid their audience must be if they actually eat that crap up and believe it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 2:31 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 11:56 am

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 2:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
New York is a very woke city. I wish that people would just leave Trump alone.

If Trump really wanted to be left alone, he wouldn't be trying to hold control of the Republican party. He puts himself out there extremely visibly and with clear challenges not to cross him.

A person can't play that game and be left alone. It just doesn't happen, and he knows it. He relishes the publicity, even the negative publicity, and possibly even some of the court fights. He certainly has started enough himself. If you don't want to brawl, don't throw punches.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 8:20 pm

A taste of James's sleazy fundraising off of this case:

Tish James fundraising appeal vows she will 'never be bullied' as attacks from Trump, Cuomo mount

Quote:
ALBANY, N.Y. — A 2021 report by New York Attorney General Tish James led Andrew Cuomo to resign from an office he’d held for more than a decade. As James runs for reelection, she’s angling to take down Donald Trump’s most prized possession — his company.

And James, a Brooklyn Democrat who had short-lived run for governor last year is fundraising off her fights.

“Guess who’s in the headlines again,” read one fundraising email to her supporters on Wednesday just hours after she filed a sweeping civil lawsuit against the former president, his children and the Trump Organization that alleges broad financial fraud.

James’ campaign has sent out similar ones with the same message in recent months as she builds on her $2.6 million campaign war chest to win reelection in the deep blue state: “I will not bow. I will not break. I will not be bullied.”

None of them mention Trump or Cuomo by name. Her campaign said there was no coordination with James’ office.

“Once again, powerful and corrupt men have taken over the headlines, friend,” the fundraising appeal Wednesday reads. “But I’m not surprised. Ever since I took my oath as your attorney general and swore to do everything in my power to finally bring the most corrupt actors to justice, they have worked tirelessly to take me down.”

She’s not alone. Trump also put out a fundraising email to his supporters after the lawsuit was filed.

“I’m prepared to FIGHT BACK, but I need to know that I have your support. I want to show the Left that despite their best efforts, the American People will NEVER believe their LIES and SLANDER,” his campaign arm wrote Wednesday.

James has not only vowed to fight against politicians’ misdeeds, but she has also been the focal point of their own vindication tours. Yet the fundraising emails could play into the accusations from her biggest critics that politics is at play, which she has denied.

“Claiming you have money you do not have does not amount to the art of the deal,” she said Wednesday. “It’s the art of the steal, and there cannot be different rules for different people in this country or in this state. And former presidents are no different.”

Trump, who is known for turning his political enemies into recurring characters on his roving MAGA-rally road show, frequently points to James’ campaign promises to investigate him at rallies, in interviews and on social media, as evidence she is yet another example of how he has been unfairly targeted.

"Art of the steal"? JFC that's cringe.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 9:56 pm

If New Yorkers want to vote with their dollars and fund her campaign, good for her - as long as she uses the money for what she says she’s going to, unlike the orange guy and bannon etc.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 10:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
If New Yorkers want to vote with their dollars and fund her campaign, good for her - as long as she uses the money for what she says she’s going to, unlike the orange guy and bannon etc.

If you actually look into the civil charges, what she's alleging are basically standard practices in NYC real estate from what I understand, which makes the entire prosecution look like an excuse to raise her own profile and fund raise off the ever gullible #Resistance types, i.e. it's a grift.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 12:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

If you actually look into the civil charges, what she's alleging are basically standard practices in NYC real estate from what I understand, which makes the entire prosecution look like an excuse to raise her own profile and fund raise off the ever gullible #Resistance types, i.e. it's a grift.

I don’t believe you that it’s standard practice in NYC real estate to commit egregious fraud. Somehow I doubt anyone else is claiming their properties are multiple times the square footage that they actually are, or that their values are 9x as high as fair market value. There’s nothing standard about it.

If it’s a made up grift, which I highly doubt, then facts and evidence will prove her to be a con woman. My best guess is that the facts are as she presented and she’s simply an opportunist capitalizing on her 15 minutes like everyone else in American politics - that’s actually standard practice.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 2:43 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 3:10 pm

Michael Cohen: trump will be wiped out financially

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Michael Cohen: trump will be wiped out financially

Might be wishful thinking on his part. He is definitely a guy who knows what side his bread is currently being buttered on.

Cohen's explanation early in the video on valuation is pretty striking, the reasons it was obviously intentional and dramatic overstatement. There is a very simple case on that.

However, civil proceedings can be dragged out for decades, and Trump is an expert on dragging cases out. The state isn't going to have the budget to match every move tit for tat in a game of chicken with the train.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 1:24 pm

New York attorney general asks court to block Trump Organization from moving assets

Quote:
New York Attorney General Letitia James asked a state court on Thursday to block the Trump Organization from moving assets and from continuing what she has alleged to be a decade-long fraud as part of her lawsuit claiming former President Donald Trump and three of his adult children were involved in rampant fraud that enriched themselves.

James filed a motion for a preliminary injunction Thursday, telling the judge, “In short, there is every reason to believe that the Defendants will continue to engage in similar fraudulent conduct right up to trial unless checked by order of this Court.”

The attorney general’s office asked Judge Arthur Engoron to block the Trump Organization from submitting financial statements to lenders, insurers and others without providing additional information about the techniques it used to value assets. In addition, the state wants a judge to impose an independent monitor to oversee the financial statements.

“The requested targeted relief is designed to mitigate further fraud and illegality during the pendency of this action because the company has present and continuing obligations under existing loan agreements to prepare and disclose Mr. Trump’s Statement of Financial Condition as of June 30, 2022 and may also seek additional financing from lenders and renewal of insurance programs on the basis of that Statement,” the state attorneys wrote.

The attorney’s general’s office also wants to block the Trump Organization from transferring assets to any entities without court approval. The state says the same day that it announced its $250 million lawsuit against the former President and his company, the Trump Organization incorporated a new entity in Delaware, Trump Organization II LLC. The state says the Trump Organization has not provided any assurances that it will not move assets out of New York to avoid potential liability.

Trump has sought to move the case from the current judge assigned in the case, Engoron, and to the commercial division. The attorney general’s office has opposed the move.

“The OAG’s filing is nothing more than a thinly-veiled attempt to keep this case with Justice Engoron rather than have it transferred to the Commercial Division where it belongs. We have repeatedly provided assurance, in writing, that the Trump Organization has no intention of doing anything improper. This is simply another stunt which Ms. James hopes will aid her failing political campaign,” said Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump.

The state also is asking permission to serve Trump and Eric Trump electronically, noting that both individuals and their attorneys have refused to accept service of the lawsuit for nearly one month.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2022, 12:05 pm

donnie jr. is on video claiming trump hotels charged secret service agents 50 bucks a night for rooms and they weren't making a profit from them.. meanwhile, they charged $1100/night per room to secret service agents - far more than market rate, allegedly.

MoAr fraud and grifting by the trump crime family. I wonder if it's caught up in this set of lawsuits or if this batch of criming will be included in an emoluments clause violation investigation? Hard to keep track of all their lies and losing sometimes.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 11:37 pm

Judge appoints independent monitor to oversee Trump Organization's financial transactions

Quote:
A New York state judge on Thursday ordered an independent monitor to oversee the Trump Organization's financial statements after it was alleged that the company has been vastly overstating its assets.

State Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron signed off on a preliminary injunction that also blocks former President Donald Trump's company from transferring assets without court approval. In his ruling, Engoron said the company must also make the monitor aware of all its holdings and assets and give 30 days’ notice of any restructuring at the company and any plans for "disposing or refinancing of significant Trump Organization assets." (Supreme Court is the name of New York state’s top trial court.)

Given "defendants’ propensity to engage in persistent fraud, failure to grant such an injunction could result in extreme prejudice to the people of New York,” he wrote.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 1:00 am

I heard on some news clip that trump filed a lawsuit against James alleging that she’s picking on him blah blah blah 41 pages of “It’s a witch hunt!! I didn’t do anything wrong.”

My bet is that lawsuit gets tossed for being ridiculous.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 4:00 pm

:lol:

There’s some sort of court appointed person to oversee all of the trump orgs money moved from this point forward so they can’t hide/liquidate assets or commit further fraud.

I bet the trump fam aren’t big fans of this!