Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 3:33 pm

On YouTube I have watched a lot of videos of pedophiles being caught by hunters.

As well as being mostly men a lot of the predators behave abnormally in terms of there mannerisms. Do you agree that in a way this reflects badly on us autistics since our behaviours differs from the norm?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 2:47 am

Not specifically autism rather those with atypical brains and suffering from mental illness/ disability in general.

The problem as always is there is an element of truth in that the worst people in a society i.e peadophiles, serial killers , child killers and active shooters all tend to have atypical brains causing their behavior.

They are an extreme minority of the atypical group but of course the link is made like Islamic terror to ordinary Muslims.

It’s like the saying “nearly all rapists are men but only a few men are rapists”

Of course that fact doesn’t stop stupid people twisting the phrase saying “all men are rapists” which I’ve heard before.

Autism diagnosis is increasing and it’s becoming more talked about. In the future within 20 years many of these kids will become adults so autistic crime will naturally increase.

I think in the next couple of decades you’ll start to see really bad discrimination and hatred towards autistic/ atypical people based on high profile “sick” crimes.

In the same way Muslims we’re heavy discriminated against after 9/11

- George Bernie Shaw

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 8:59 pm

Yes, I think it reflects poorly on autistics. Such videos may be popular by playing to prejudice ideas.

Although, I think statistically pedophiles do not display odd or autistic like behavior. But people want to think they do so they can protect children by only having them around NT types.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 7:29 am

I indeed noticed that there seems to be some autistic vibe coming from many of them. The ones that seem like they might have autism all seem like they would have seriously trouble finding sexual fulfillment with peers if their own age and I assume it makes them more likely give into illegal temptations.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 8:15 am

Nades wrote:
I indeed noticed that there seems to be some autistic vibe coming from many of them. The ones that seem like they might have autism all seem like they would have seriously trouble finding sexual fulfillment with peers if their own age and I assume it makes them more likely give into illegal temptations.

I have always had trouble finding sexual fulfilment with peers but I would never be tempted to have sexual relations with children.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 11:42 am

No, reflects badly on pig ignorant people who form lynch mobs against vulnerable adults by accusations and gossip about sexual crimes with flimsy or zero evidence, and who forget that the most prolific and dangerous offenders against children look Normal, are personable, get themselves popular and thus gey both access to vulnerable people and protected as the status (social) from being a popular person means reports of their crime are disbelieved and covered up. The name Jimmy Saville occurs to me here.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 2:36 pm

rowan_nichol wrote:
No, reflects badly on pig ignorant people who form lynch mobs against vulnerable adults by accusations and gossip about sexual crimes with flimsy or zero evidence, and who forget that the most prolific and dangerous offenders against children look Normal, are personable, get themselves popular and thus gey both access to vulnerable people and protected as the status (social) from being a popular person means reports of their crime are disbelieved and covered up. The name Jimmy Saville occurs to me here.

I agree.
Although usually every famous person (good or bad) gets "diagnosed" with autism on WP, so I suppose Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris will be on the growing list of "autistic" celebrities/criminals soon.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 2:43 pm

rowan_nichol wrote:

With pedos being stereotyped as socially awkward and lonely, s**t sticks remarkably quickly to an accused autistic who are usually socially awkward and lonely by nature of their disability.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 3:56 pm

Nades wrote:
rowan_nichol wrote:

With pedos being stereotyped as socially awkward and lonely, s**t sticks remarkably quickly to an accused autistic who are usually socially awkward and lonely by nature of their disability.

Great, then people wonder why I hate being associated with autism and the shame that I feel.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 5:32 pm

What about female pedophiles?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 6:17 pm

There is no association between pedophilia and autism.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:34 am

It’s always been this way, in the Middle Ages witch hunters targeted the women who didn’t fit in saying they were in league with satan then burning them alive.

In year 2000 in Britain peado fear hit a high after a little girl sarah paine was murdered.

Vigilante groups on housing estates here went out on the street targeting anyone who was considered an “oddball” in any way making the link between atypical behavior and peadophiles. Just like centuries before with witches.

Many innocent autistic men were caught up in this.

Humans are genetically hardwired to be repulsed by those displaying atypical behavior, many experts say our brains make the ancient link between typical behavior and good genes for breeding and tribal trust and the opposite being true.

Hardly surprising as no different in the animal kingdom. Humans are just a different type of animal.

- George Bernie Shaw

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:46 am

Autistic people, many of whom have "odd" behaviors, have been behind much human innovation.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 9:16 am

It's ironic how NTs find getting drunk so appealing even though that can make you do odd behaviours and commit crimes.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 4:54 pm

Also some of them also have low IQs too. I only saw one of them being on the spectrum and he was 20 years old and had an obsession with feet. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking this was a unusual interest he had and he didn't realize how it would look to the rest of the world. But nope, he was sexual about it and said he wanted to do things to the 13 year old about her feet. This goes beyond just interest. But the rest are either normal and I notice lot of them seem to have a low IQ.

My question is do they really understand its wrong or do they know it's wrong because everyone says it is. There is a difference. Their low IQ keeps them from understanding their actions.

I think if people are bigots, they will use these videos to justify to keep fearing these people and to think negative of them. Plus statistics say people with disabilities rarely commit a crime. So all these men would be a minority of those with disabilities.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 5:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What about female pedophiles?

I have only seen a few trans women on there but never cis women. Why is it that more trans women are perverts than cis women? Even I have had some prey on me when I was young.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.