Aversions towards asking those difficult questions??

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:30 pm

The 'In Depth Adult Life Forum' can serve as a forum for asking those difficult questions (and maybe getting answers -- to those diffuclt questions).

As adults on the Autism Spectrum become well....older and wiser, the questions of support systems must be reassessed the roles of fiduciaries, trusted people in our lives - as well as those agendas that have proven ineffective.

Judging from the lack of respones to my previous WP posts (to read my previous posts click on blue text 'JustFoundHere') I sense that I'm that rare peropsn asking those difficult questions, yet receiving no answers.

I must be ask, "are more madn more adults on teh Autism Spectrum "giving-up' as they get older? What are these aversions to taking proactive, proven steps to assist with both present and future agendas??

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 7:30 am

Probably because of the lack of activity on this site. The PPR hasn't been posted in for 40 minutes, which is a long time to go for that section!

You just have to wait it out. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks or more for someone to post a reply. The stupid off the wall section is the most active place here but although I enjoy social games on other sites I don't feel a forum like this has the right layout for games. I use this place as a place for discussion, but there you go, it'd be boring if we were all the same.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 9:37 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
The 'In Depth Adult Life Forum' can serve as a forum for asking those difficult questions (and maybe getting answers -- to those diffuclt questions).

As adults on the Autism Spectrum become well....older and wiser, the questions of support systems must be reassessed the roles of fiduciaries, trusted people in our lives - as well as those agendas that have proven ineffective.

Judging from the lack of respones to my previous WP posts (to read my previous posts click on blue text 'JustFoundHere') I sense that I'm that rare peropsn asking those difficult questions, yet receiving no answers.

I must be ask, "are more madn more adults on teh Autism Spectrum "giving-up' as they get older? What are these aversions to taking proactive, proven steps to assist with both present and future agendas??

Have you tried asking in the general autism discussion forum. There's a lot more activity in there.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 12:19 pm

babybird wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Have you tried asking in the general autism discussion forum. There's a lot more activity in there.

Of the two previous WP discussion threads relevent to this disc. thread, one was placed in the 'General Autism Discussion' Forum.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 12:36 pm

I'm sorry. I spend a lot of time in the games forum so your question must have escaped my attention.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 3:04 pm

The 'Aversions Towards Asking Those Difficult Questions??' discussion thread needs further comments.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 1:21 pm

Tip: stick "Trump" somewhere in the title of your threads. That'll get attention and get you more replies. :wink:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 6:30 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Tip: stick "Trump" somewhere in the title of your threads. That'll get attention and get you more replies. :wink:

Best to refrain from gimmicks which actually attracts the WRONG types of attention!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Oct 2022, 12:15 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
babybird wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Of the two previous WP discussion threads relevent to this disc. thread, one was placed in the 'General Autism Discussion' Forum.
I read those threads & I didn't fully understand what you were talking about. The terminology & wording was too complex for me. Perhaps my mind was just not in the right place for that kinda focus at the time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:19 pm

nick007 wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
babybird wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

I read those threads & I didn't fully understand what you were talking about. The terminology & wording was too complex for me. Perhaps my mind was just not in the right place for that kinda focus at the time.

My previous content here on WP sums-up the challenges with Autism Spectrum in three words, "not disabled enough."

Not being disabled enough, yet not quite able enough is a common dichotomy with the Autism Spectrum - What's the confusion?